Get the free ebook
Data-driven techniques have improved decision-making processes for people in industries such as finance and real estate. Yet, despite promising solutions that data analytics and artificial intelligence/machine learning (ML) tools can bring to healthcare, the industry remains largely unconvinced.
In this O’Reilly report, you’ll explore the potential of—and impediments to—widespread adoption of AI and ML in the medical field. You’ll also learn how extensive government regulation and resistance from the medical community have so far stymied full-scale acceptance of sophisticated data analytics in healthcare.
Through interviews with several professionals working at the intersection of medicine and data science, author Mike Barlow examines five areas where the application of AI/ML strategies can spur a beneficial revolution in healthcare:
- Identifying risks and interventions for healthcare management of entire populations
- Closing gaps in care by designing plans for individual patients
- Supporting customized self-care treatment plans and monitoring patient health in real time
- Optimizing healthcare processes through data analysis to improve care and reduce costs
- Helping doctors and patients choose proper medications, dosages, and promising surgical options
Fill out the form below
All fields are required.We protect your privacy.