Get the free ebook
Big data is indeed transforming the way enterprises interact with information, but that’s only half the story. As this O’Reilly report explains, many organizations now realize that today’s data is fast before it’s big. In-memory databases and other innovations already enable you to act on data the instant it’s collected. As data from the Internet of Things explodes, the truly revolutionary advances in data management will be in fast data.
How can organizations accommodate fast data? Author Scott Jarr examines the shape of the new enterprise data architecture—a unified data pipeline for working with fast data in motion and static big data together—and outlines the major technology components necessary to build it.
- The capabilities of a fast/big data pipeline—from high-velocity operations to historical analysis
- Use case examples that clearly benefit from a fast/big data pipeline
- Why the new architecture will retain familiar components such as data warehouses and SQL tools
- How automated decisions will be part of the progression to realtime analytics
- Tools you need to build and maintain fast/big data architectures
- Five requirements for building fast data applications
- Which industries have been—or will be—transformed by fast data
Scott Jarr is co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer of VoltDB. He brings more than 20 years of experience in building, launching, and growing technology companies from inception to market leadership in highly competitive environments.
Fill out the form below
All fields are required.We protect your privacy.