pick Reference Guide
[return-to: MH Reference Guide]
[table of contents] [index]
pick: select messages by content
- +folder (default: current folder)
- Folder name
- msgs (default: all)
- Message(s) to search
- ... -and ...
- Require both of two conditions
- ... -or ...
- Allow either of two conditions
- -not ...
- Require opposite of condition
- -lbrace ... -rbrace
- For grouping: "left brace" ... "right brace"
- -to pattern
- Messages with pattern in To: field
- -cc pattern
- lMessages with pattern in cc: field
- -from pattern
- Messages with pattern in From: field
- -subject pattern
- Messages with pattern in Subject: field
- -date pattern
- Messages with pattern in Date: field
- --field pattern
- Match pattern in miscellaneous header field field
- -search pattern
- Messages with pattern anywhere
- -after date
- Messages on or after this Date:
- -before date
- Messages before this Date:
- -datefield field
- Date field to use instead of Date:
- -sequence name, more...
- Store message numbers in sequence name
- -public (default for your folders)
- Store sequence in folder
- -nopublic (default for read-only folders)
- Store sequence in user's MH context
- -zero (default)
- Remove previous contents of sequence
- Merge into existing sequence, if any
- -list (default with no -sequence)
- Print message numbers on standard output
- -nolist (default with -sequence)
- Don't print message numbers
[Table of Contents] [Index]
[Return to: MH Reference Guide]
Last change $Date: 1996/06/06 15:12:40 $
This file is from the third edition of the book MH & xmh: Email
for Users & Programmers, ISBN 1-56592-093-7, by Jerry Peek.
Copyright © 1991, 1992, 1995 by O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
This file is freely-available; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation. For more information, see
the file copying.htm.
Suggestions are welcome:
Jerry Peek <email@example.com>