Get the free ebook
Swift quickly became the dominant language for iOS app development not long after Apple introduced the language in 2014. When Swift moved to open source, extending this modern language from client to server side became an option, and today, with Swift 3.0, companies can extend the value of Swift end-to-end. With this ebook, you’ll learn how to write your entire application in Swift—from mobile client to the middle tier to server-side database access.
- Learn how Swift produces clear and concise code, and prevents and detects bugs
- Produce code for the client and server with a single uniform IDE
- Reuse Swift abstractions and code on the client, server, and middle tier
- Dive into asynchronous programming with Swift’s support for monads and futures
- Use Swift’s optional types and structures to tell the compiler more about your program
Dr. David Ungar holds a research position at IBM in the Ubiquitous Platforms group within Cloud and Mobile Enterprise Research.
Robert F. Dickerson is a software engineer in the Swift@IBM Engineering group.
Fill out the form below
All fields are required.We protect your privacy.