Press Release: November 6, 2006
MCSE Core Elective Exams in a Nutshell: A Smart Approach to Completing the Microsoft Certifications
Sebastopol, CA--The Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) is the most advanced certification path for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 administrators. To receive certification, they'll need a strong engineering background and must successfully pass six core exams and one elective exam. The key to success is experience, discipline, and study...and latching onto a copy of MCSE Core Elective Exams in a Nutshell (O'Reilly, US $39.99) by Pawan K. Bhardwaj and Roger A. Grimes.
- One volume covers all the topics needed for mastery of the three elective exams: 70-270, 70-297, and 70-298.
- Presents each exam in three sections: Exam Overview, Study Guide, and Prep and Practice, making for easy reference and a great study aid.
- Uses the same successful format found in the bestselling MCSE Core Required Exams in a Nutshell by William Stanek (O'Reilly). Together they satisfy the core MCSE certification requirements.
- Designed to help administrators excel in the real world, the book also provides a valuable reference to core Windows administration and security skills.
"The focus on this book is on providing the core knowledge to prepare you for the current certification exams, which include performance-based testing through simulation," authors Bhardwaj and Grimes tell readers. "Basically, we have boiled down the required knowledge to its core. With this in mind, the best way to use this book is as part of your final review. After you've acquired sufficient hands-on expertise and studied all of the relevant tests, grab this, and study it to cover as part of your final exam cram."
Pawan Bhardwaj, an independent technical trainer and author, is MCSE, MCSA, Security+, Network+, I-Net+ and A+ certified. He teaches Windows Administration and Networking classes and also provides consulting to training institutions. He has authored or contributed to 12 certification books.
Roger A. Grimes (CPA, CISSP, CEH, MCSE: Security) is a 19-year Windows security veteran with 6 books and over 150 national magazine articles on the subject. Roger is a three-time Microsoft MVP in Windows Security (and MVP of the Month in December 2005). He participated in the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Learning curriculum and has written advanced Windows security courses for Microsoft, Foundstone, and SANS.
Background and Market Information:
- Chapter 1,"Exam 70-290 Overview"
- More information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Media Relations – North America & Conferences
Media Relations – Japan
Media Relations – United Kingdom