December 12, 2006
Star Shooters on Tour: Straight Talk from O'Reilly's Digital Photography Masters
Sebastopol, CA--It makes total sense--with prices of digital cameras rapidly shrinking--that more folks than ever will be wrapping and unwrapping these fervently craved devices in the weeks to come. Yes, such pixel-packed stocking stuffers possess seductive new features--yet trying to create artful and arresting images straight out-of-the box can be frustrating.
Happily, next month digital camera enthusiasts traveling to and in northern California can cure the digital blues and get their photography questions answered at a pre-Macworld bookstore reading and Macworld events:
On Jan. 7, a team of O'Reilly Media's authors kicks off an event-jammed week with an "Ask the Experts" panel discussion. Best-selling authors and photographers Mikkel Aaland, Stephen Johnson, Ken Milburn, and Derrick Story appear at Book Passage, a beloved San Francisco Bay Area independent bookstore, just north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Shooters at every level--from passionate enthusiasts to professionals--can learn how to get more from their new digital single lens reflex and point-and-shoot cameras.
"These panel members can cover just about every imaginable aspect of digital photography, from capture, to post production, to output. Stephen and Mikkel have been part of the digital revolution from the very beginning. And Ken has emerged as an expert in workflow. This is really an all star group we have," says Derrick Story, O'Reilly Media Evangelist.
Fast-forward two days, when Mac-addicts of every stripe buzz over to San Francisco's Moscone Center for the annual Macworld Conference & Expo starting Jan. 9, 2007. This year's focus on the Digital Lifestyle puts the spotlight on O'Reilly's roster of star authors. O'Reilly conference highlights include:
- David Pogue, O'Reilly author, New York Times technology columnist, and Mac industry luminary. He returns to Macworld to host the conference talk show and speak at the O'Reilly booth.
- Mac icon Andy Hertzfield, co-creator of the Mac and author of "Revolution in the Valley" (O'Reilly, $24.95) speaks at noon, Tuesday, Jan. 9 at the O'Reilly Booth 2112, South Hall.
- Popular O'Reilly authors Mikkel Aaland, Stephen Johnson, Julieanne Kost, Ken Milburn, Derrick Story, and Eddie Tapp are appearing at the conference's exciting new Digital Lifestyle Experience booth, centrally located at North Hall. It's dedicated to hands-on demonstrations, training, and tips and techniques on everything from cameras, to printers, to hosting services, to asset management, and more.
- Over at the O'Reilly Macworld booth, the digital media authors plan to stop by and give scheduled talks throughout the week. Schedules are posted at O'Reilly Booth 2112, South Hall. O'Reilly is offering a 25 percent discount on the hottest titles from all our cool conference instructors, plus other must-have titles.
- And, on Jan. 10, the O'Reilly panel heads over to the San Francisco Apple Store to share their insider know-how starting at 4:30 pm
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences