Press Release: January 23, 2007
Plug In to the Future at the O'Reilly Energy Innovation Conference
Call for Participation is Open to All Energy Innovators
Sebastopol, CA -- Concern for the future of energy has reached critical mass. To explore solutions to the world's significant energy challenges, O'Reilly has launched its inaugural Energy Innovation Conference. Proposals are now being accepted for conference participation. O'Reilly Media invites technologists and strategists, CTOs and chief scientists, inventors, researchers, programmers, hackers, policy makers, business developers, and entrepreneurs to lead sessions and workshops at the 2007 Energy Innovation Conference. The event is happening August 22-24, 2007 in San Francisco, California. Proposals must be submitted by March 7, 2007.
The Energy Innovation Conference will explore groundbreaking technologies that will create viable, new, non-polluting forms of energy, and make our current energy sources more efficient, cleaner, and greener. The conference will encourage the face-to face exchange of ideas, break down the barriers between innovation and adoption, and advocate smarter policies surrounding the generation and consumption of energy.
"The need for efficient production and use of energy is not only relevant to current concerns about oil depletion, pollution, and global warming, but also one of the biggest factors in the shape of future computer technology," says Allison Randal, program co-chair.
Over the course of three days, the conference will offer three educational tracks covering a full spectrum of power and energy topics comprised of in-depth, hands-on workshops and focused breakout sessions.
Sample topics for presentations are listed below each conference track:
Generation and Distribution
- Clean Coal
- High Efficiency Plant Designs
- Distributed Generation
- HVDC Buried Lines
- Solar Thermal
- Wind Turbines
Architecture and Construction
- Planning and Integrated Communities
- Smart Buildings and Controls
- Rooftop Generation
- Solar Water and Space Heating
- Novel Structure Concepts
Fuels and Transportation
- Flex Fuel Vehicles and Conversions
- Solar Assisted Fuel Synthesis
- Alternative Fuel Jet Turbines
- Ethanol and World Food Markets
- Lightweight Materials
- Mass Transit
Other events planned during the conference include panel debates and discussions; an exhibit hall showcasing the latest products and services from vendors in the energy space; and Launch Pad -- where cool startups, applications and products will be introduced.
The 2007 O'Reilly Energy Innovation Conference will bring together the innovators, movers, and shakers from a cross-section of industries including a cross section of inventors, university researchers, car manufacturers, petroleum companies, power distribution companies, government agencies, and other concerned parties, all exploring practical solutions to our energy problems.
- Submission deadline for all proposals is March 7, 2007
- Speakers will be notified by March 28, 2007
- General registration will open in May 2007
For additional conference details and to submit a proposal, visit:
For news and media coverage, sign up for the conference newsletter (note: you must create an O'Reilly account sign up):
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at O'Reilly conferences, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a media or community partner, email email@example.com
Upcoming O'Reilly conferences:
- O'Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference, February 27-March 1, 2007 in Burlingame, California
- O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference, March 25-29, 2007 in San Diego
- Web 2.0 Expo, co-produced by O'Reilly Media and CMP Technology, April 15-18, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- MySQL Conference & Expo, April 23-26, 2007 in Santa Clara, CA
- RailsConf, May 17-20, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O’Reilly Where 2.0 Conference, May 29-30, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- O’Reilly TOC Conference, June 18-20, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 23-27, 2007 in Portland, OR
- RailsConf Europe, co-presented by O'Reilly Media and Ruby Central, September 17-19, 2007 in Berlin, Germany
O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.O'Reilly is a registered trademark of O'Reilly Media, Inc. Other products mentioned may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room