Press Release: February 5, 2007
Scale to New Heights at the 2007 MySQL Conference & Expo
Registration is Open; Guy Kawasaki, Bdale Garbee & Eben Moglen to Keynote
Sebastopol, CA -- Registration is now open for the 2007 MySQL Conference & Expo, which will take place April 23-26 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California. The conference is poised to offer more than 110 sessions and tutorials geared to show participants how to rapidly build innovative database applications that can scale as an enterprise grows. A strong selection of MySQL users and open source experts will share their knowledge about using MySQL to power high-volume Web 2.0 sites, critical business applications, and the next generation of packaged software.
Attendees that take advantage of early registration by March 15th can save $200 off the standard conference fee of $1195.
This year's featured speakers include:
- Guy Kawasaki, Garage Technology Ventures
- Eben Moglen, Free Software Foundation
- Bdale Garbee, Hewlett Packard
- Marten Mickos, MySQL AB
- Matt Casters, Pentaho
- Will Fitch, NASA
- Jacob Nikom, MIT Lincoln Labs
- Ask Bjorn Hansen, Develooper.com
- Dathan Pattishall and John Allspaw, flickr.com
- Andi Gutmans, Zend Technologies
- Brian Aker, MySQL AB
- Rasmus Lerdorf, Yahoo!
- Domas Mituzas, Wikipedia
- Mark Callaghan, Michael Still and Grant Allen, Google
- Kari Silfverberg, Nokia
- Kevin Rose, digg.com
- Guy Harrison, Quest-Laura Thomson and George Schlossnagle, OmniTI, Inc.
- Peter Zaitsev, Percona
- Heikki Tuuri, Innobase/Oracle
- Mark Matthews and Reggie Burnett, MySQL AB
Co-produced by O'Reilly Media and MySQL AB, this event is the largest of its kind. Bringing together over 2,000 MySQL developers, users, and DBAs from all over the world, the 2007 MySQL Conference & Expo will reflect MySQL's wide-ranging appeal and capabilities. The friendly, personal atmosphere of the event encourages users to share information on creating the best database applications, tools, and software through expert instruction, hands-on tutorials, and real-world business advice.
- Database Performance Tuning & Benchmarks
- Clustering, Replication, & Scale-Out
- Data Warehousing, Reporting & BI
- Security & Administration
- PHP, LAMP & MySQL
- Web 2.0, Ajax, Ruby
- And Much More
In addition to the scheduled sessions and tutorials, the expo will showcase the latest tools and products from third party vendors—plus the return of the "DotORG" pavilion of non-profit and organization exhibitors. Fun events and the popular "hallway track" will provide attendees with plenty of networking opportunities and geeky social interaction. MySQL certification exams are also being offered onsite at a significant discount.
Get tough questions answered and formulate new ideas with the best and the brightest in the MySQL community. There's something for users of every level at this year's event. Now through March 14, participants can take advantage of early registration and save $200 off the regular conference fee.
For complete MySQL Conference & Expo details, visit:
For the latest event announcements and news, visit:
To apply for media credentials, please visit:
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at O'Reilly conferences, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a media or community partner, email email@example.com
- O'Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference, February 27-March 1, 2007 in Burlingame, California
- O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference, March 25-29, 2007 in San Diego
- Web 2.0 Expo, co-produced by O'Reilly Media and CMP Technology, April 15-18, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- RailsConf, May 17-20, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O’Reilly Where 2.0 Conference, May 29-30, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- O’Reilly TOC Conference, June 18-20, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- Ubuntu Live, July 22-24, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 23-27, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Energy Innovation Conference, August 22-24, 2007 in San Francisco
- RailsConf Europe, co-presented by O'Reilly Media and Ruby Central, September 17-19, 2007 in Berlin, Germany
O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
MySQL AB develops and supports a family of high-performance, affordable database products. The company’s flagship offering is ‘MySQL Enterprise’, a comprehensive set of production-tested software, proactive monitoring tools, and premium support services.
MySQL is the world's most popular open source database software, with over 10 million active installations. Many of the world's largest and fastest-growing organizations use MySQL to save time and money powering their high-volume Web sites, business-critical systems and packaged software -- including industry leaders such as Yahoo!, Alcatel, The Associated Press, Suzuki and NASA.
With headquarters in the United States and Sweden -- and operations around the world -- MySQL AB supports both open source values and corporate customers' needs in a profitable, sustainable business model. For more information about MySQL, please visit www.mysql.com.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.O'Reilly is a registered trademark of O'Reilly Media, Inc. MySQL is a registered trademark of MySQL AB in the United States and other countries Other products mentioned may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room