Press Release: February 20, 2007
2007 O'Reilly Where 2.0 Conference: Registration is Open
Sebastopol, CA -- Registration is now open for the 2007 O'Reilly Where 2.0 Conference, happening May 29-30, 2007 at The Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, California. Now in its third year, the Where 2.0 Conference will bring together the leading edge developers building location-aware technology with the businesses and entrepreneurs seeking location apps, platforms, and hardware that will help them capture a competitive edge.
Where 2.0 is a two-day, single-track conference featuring a unique combination of high profile keynotes, lightning talks, panel discussions, demos, and audience interaction. In the O'Reilly tradition, leading trends will be presented from the most innovative and interesting players in this technology space.
This year's featured speakers include:
- Kevin Bankston, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Mike Liebhold, Institute for the Future
- Steven Johnson, Outside.in; author of "The Ghost Map"
- Erik Jorgensen, Microsoft Corporation
- John Hanke, Google
- Jeremy Kreitler, Yahoo!
- Eric Rodenbeck, Stamen Design
- Raffi Krikorian, Synthesis Studios, Inc.
- Tim Foresman, International Center for Remote Sensing Education
- Schuyler Erle, MetaCarta
- James Greiner, MapQuest
- Don Cooke, TeleAtlas
- Rich Skrenta, Topix.net
- Mikel Maron, Mapstraction and GeoRSS
- Andrew Turner, Mapstraction; author of "Introduction to Neogeography"
- Di-Ann Eisnor, Platial
- John Krumm and Eric Klein, Microsoft Research
- Michael Graham, U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Scott Dunlap, Geovectors
The conference also features ample time for networking, informal events, and the famed Where Fair--a science fair-style event where the creators of cutting-edge, location-based projects will showcase their emerging location technology. Where Fair projects will be selected from research, academia, and yet-to-be-discovered entrepreneurs who are working out of garages and university labs.
The Where 2.0 Conference will provide a unique environment for attendees to meet the people who are influencing the future of geospace. Conference participants are expected to include developers, neogeographers, product managers, technology scouts, CxOs, researchers, venture capitalists, academics, artists, community activists, and entreprenuers who are curious about how to incorporate location tools into existing technology.
For complete Where 2.0 Conference details, visit:
To receive Where 2.0 Conference announcements, sign up for the conference newsletter (note: you must create an O'Reilly account to sign up):
Read the Where Conference blog for the latest event announcements and
Visit the Where Conference wiki to post ideas, suggestions, and to find out who else is planning to attend the conference:
For an overview of this space, read "The State of Where 2.0" (PDF),
co-written by program chair, Brady Forrest. Download the report here:
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at O'Reilly conferences, contact Yvonne Romaine, firstname.lastname@example.org or 707.827.7198
To become a media or community partner, email email@example.com
- O'Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference, February 27-March 1, 2007 in Burlingame, California
- OReilly Emerging Technology Conference, March 26-29, 2007 in San Diego
- Web 2.0 Expo, co-produced by O'Reilly Media and CMP Technology, April 15-18, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- MySQL Conference & Expo, April 23-26, 2007 in Santa Clara, California
- RailsConf, May 17-20, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O’Reilly TOC Conference, June 18-20, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- Ubuntu Live, co-produced by Canonical, July 22-24 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 23-27, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Energy Innovation Conference, August 22-24, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- RailsConf Europe, September 17-19, 2007 in Berlin, Germany
O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.O'Reilly is a registered trademark of O'Reilly Media, Inc. Other products mentioned may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Media Relations – North America & Conferences
Media Relations – Japan
Media Relations – United Kingdom