Press Release: February 27, 2007
Registration is Open for O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing New Conference to Provide Venue for Initiating Innovation in Book Publishing
Sebastopol, CA -- Registration is now open for the inaugural O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing Conference (TOC), happening June 18 - 20 at the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, California. As a media company closely connected with the leading innovators in technology, O'Reilly is in a unique position to recognize the new trends in publishing and identify emerging business models in publishing products and services. In this regard, the O'Reilly team is launching the TOC Conference to raise the level of technology knowledge among book publishers and to spark conversation and creativity that will help to shape the future of publishing.
Technology is transforming publishing. From the way ideas are generated to the packaging of information and delivery of products, technology and change are themes in every aspect of publishing today. The TOC Conference will provide insightful analysis, hands-on workshops, and engaging sessions for book publishers. The conference committee has assembled a number of industry experts to lead discourse that will focus on new opportunities and next generation ideas on the publishing horizon.
Featured TOC speakers include:
- John Ingram, Ingram
- Brian Murray, Harper Collins
- Jimmy Wales, Wikimedia Foundation
- Eric Severson, Flatiron Solutions Corp.
- Tim O'Reilly, O'Reilly Media Inc.
- Kelly Gallagher, RR Bowker
- Jeff Gomez, Holtzbrinck Publishers
- Michael Healy, Book Industry Study Group
- Adam Engst, TidBITS
- Clifford Guren, Microsoft
- Jason Hunter, Mark Logic
- Robert Montinegro, Center for Accessible Publishing
While many publishers can see that technology is changing the ground on which publishing rests, few have the knowledge to recognize the true challenges and opportunities presented by these changes. The O'Reilly TOC Publishing Conference will decipher the tools of change in this industry and help cut through the hype for a more profitable future in publishing.
For complete TOC conference details, visit:
To receive TOC Conference announcements, sign up for the conference newsletter (note: you must create an O'Reilly account to sign up):
To apply for media credentials, please visit:
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at O'Reilly conferences, contact Derek Chase, firstname.lastname@example.org or 707.827.7257
To become a media or community partner, email email@example.com
- O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference, March 26-29, 2007 in San Diego
- Web 2.0 Expo, co-produced by O'Reilly Media and CMP Technology, April 15-18, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- MySQL Conference & Expo, April 23-26, 2007 in Santa Clara, California
- RailsConf, May 17-20, 2007 in Portland, Oregon
- O’Reilly Where 2.0 Conference, May 29-30, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- Ubuntu Live, co-produced by Canonical, July 22-24 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 23-27, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Energy Innovation Conference, August 22-24, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- RailsConf Europe, co-presented by O'Reilly Media and Ruby Central, September 17-19, 2007 in Berlin, Germany
O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.O'Reilly is a registered trademark of O'Reilly Media, Inc. Other products mentioned may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room