Press Release: March 12, 2007
2007 MySQL Conference & Expo Adds New Speakers and Sessions
Updated Schedule Online; Early Registration Ends This Wednesday
Sebastopol, CA -- The schedule is nearly complete for the 2007 MySQL Conference & Expo, happening April 23-26 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California. This year's program promises to be the most exciting ever, offering more than 110 sessions and workshops for every type of user -- from experienced database administrators and programmers to MySQL beginners. Attendees who register by March 14th will save $200 off the standard fee. Other discounts are also available that may be used in conjunction with early registration for additional savings.To register, visit http://www.mysqlconf.com.
"The technical sessions about scaling, developing, monitoring, administering, and tuning MySQL will knock the socks off anything you'll find at any other database conference," said Jay Pipes, conference chair and North American Community Relations Manager for MySQL AB. "This year's conference is worth ten times the price of admission."
Here is a sample of the high-profile sessions and speakers included in the 2007 line-up:
- Taking Advantage of MySQL at NASA -- Will Fitch, NASA
- MySQL: The Real Grid Database -- Mark Callaghan and Chip Turner, Google
- Inside Falcon: MySQL's Newest Storage Engine -- Jim Starkey, MySQL AB
- Solving Growing Pains for OpenBC/Xing.com -- Michael Otto and Erick Dennis, epublica GMBH
- MySQL at digg.com -- Kevin Rose, digg
- MySQL Cluster: Carrier Grade Subscriber Repository for Converging Networks -- Paavo Helenius, Nokia
- Addressing Data Chaos: Deliver World-Class Data Warehouses -- Matt Casters, Pentaho
- Mission Critical Flight Planning Applications at the U.S. Navy -- Tim Woolverton, U.S. Navy
- InnoDB: Status, Architecture, and New Features -- Heikki Tuuri, Innobase Oy
- Scaling the World's Largest Photo Blogging Community -- Farhan Mashraqi, Fotolog
- MySQL Cluster: The Heart of a Fixed Mobile Converged EPG for IPTV -- George Kongaleth, Ericsson
- Citizenship: Open Source Community Rewards and Responsibilities -- Bdale Garbee, Hewlett Packard
- Federation at flickr: Doing Billions of Queries Per Day -- Dathan Pattishall, flickr.com
- A Storage Engine for Amazon S3 -- Mark Atwood -Bleeding Edge MySQL Cluster: Upcoming Cool Things -- Stewart Smith, MySQL AB
- The State of PHP – Andi Gutmans, Zend Technologies, Inc.
- Contributing to MySQL as an Outsider -- Joel Seligstein, Facebook
- MySQL as Active RDBMS for Surveillance Applications -- Jacob Nikom, MIT/Lincoln Labs
- Ruby on Rails and the ActiveRecord ORM -- Evan (Rabble) Henshaw-Plath, author and consultant
- Managing MySQL the Slack Way: How Google Deploys New MySQL Servers -- Michael Still and Grant Allen, Google
- MySQL Sandalcamp: A Relaxed Intro to MySQL -- Zak Greant, Foo Associates
In addition to the full complement of sessions and workshops, visionary keynotes will be presented by Guy Kawasaki, Eben Moglen, Marten Mickos, and others.
The MySQL Conference & Expo will also feature an expo hall, where third party vendors will showcase their latest products and services -- plus the return of the "DotOrg" pavilion for non-profit and organization exhibitors. Fun events such as the MySQL Quiz Show and an ongoing opportunity for networking will provide attendees with a unique experience that they won't soon forget. Finally, MySQL exams are being offered onsite at a significant discount. Conference participants can register to take a certification exam for only $25 -- more than an 85% discount from the regular price.
Co-produced by O'Reilly Media and MySQL AB, the 2007 MySQL Conference & Expo is the largest event of its kind. Bringing together over 2,000 MySQL developers, users, and DBAs from all over the world, the event will offer a broad look at MySQL's wide-ranging appeal and capabilities. The friendly, personal atmosphere encourages users to share information on creating custom database applications, tools, and software plus expert instruction, hands-on tutorials, and real-world business advice.
For complete MySQL Conference & Expo details, visit:
For the latest event announcements and news, visit:
To apply for media credentials, please visit:
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at O'Reilly conferences, contact Derek Chase at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707.827.7257
To become a media or community partner, email email@example.com
- O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference, March 25-29, 2007 in San Diego
- Web 2.0 Expo, co-produced by O'Reilly Media and CMP Technology, April 15-18, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- RailsConf, May 17-20, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O’Reilly Where 2.0 Conference, May 29-30, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- O’Reilly TOC Conference, June 18-20, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- Ubuntu Live, July 22-24, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 23-27, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Energy Innovation Conference, August 22-24, 2007 in San Francisco
- RailsConf Europe, co-presented by O'Reilly Media and Ruby Central, September 17-19, 2007 in Berlin, Germany
O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
MySQL AB develops and supports a family of high-performance, affordable database products. The company’s flagship offering is ‘MySQL Enterprise’, a comprehensive set of production-tested software, proactive monitoring tools, and premium support services.
MySQL is the world's most popular open source database software, with over 10 million active installations. Many of the world's largest and fastest-growing organizations use MySQL to save time and money powering their high-volume Web sites, business-critical systems and packaged software -- including industry leaders such as Yahoo!, Alcatel, The Associated Press, Suzuki and NASA.
With headquarters in the United States and Sweden -- and operations around the world -- MySQL AB supports both open source values and corporate customers' needs in a profitable, sustainable business model. For more information about MySQL, please visit www.mysql.com.
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.O'Reilly is a registered trademark of O'Reilly Media, Inc. MySQL is a registered trademark of MySQL AB in the United States and other countries Other products mentioned may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room