Press Release: April 24, 2007
Program Unveiled and Registration Opens for the 2007 O'Reilly Open Source Convention
Sebastopol, CA -- Registration is now open for OSCON, the O'Reilly Open Source Convention. This year's program will examine how open technologies are making breakthroughs in the mainstream IT community, and delve into the advances on the open source horizon. Now in its ninth year, OSCON is the annual gathering of developers, hackers, visionaries, and alpha geeks who are driving the open source movement. OSCON returns to the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon July 23-27, 2007.
OSCON will feature more than 400 sessions and tutorials in fifteen tracks that will cover Administration, Business Databases, Java, Linux, People, Perl, PHP, Programming, Python, Ruby, Security, and Web Applications. Also happening concurrently will be the O'Reilly Radar Executive Briefing, a full-day discussion and debate that will give attendees the opportunity to take part in the conversation between Tim O'Reilly and the innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders who are fostering the evolution of computing via open source technologies.
For more information and to register for OSCON and the O'Reilly Radar Executive Briefing, visit: http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/58/register.html
Speakers, tutorials, and sessions at OSCON this year include:
- Kirill Grouchnikov, Amdocs, "Advanced Effects in Desktop Java Applications"
- Rasmus Lerdorf, Yahoo!, "PHP - Bigger and Faster"
- Lamont Peterson, NeverBlock, "High Availability Xen"
- Simon Willison, "OpenID Bootcamp"
- Rachael Madsen, "Exploiting Multi-Core Capabilies From Python"
- Guido van Rossum, Creator of Python, "Python 3000"
- Theo Schlossnagle, "OmniTI Advanced Production Troubleshooting"
- Chris DiBona, Google, "A year of Open Source at Google"
- Simon Peyton Jones, "Microsoft A Taste of Haskell"
- Michael Koziarski, "Generating Gorgeous Word Documents, PDFs and Excel Spreadsheets"
- Jesse Vincent, Best Practical, "Building Domain Specific Languages in Perl"
- Ben Krug, Adapt Technologies, "DBA Tales from the Front: from Oracle to MySQL"
- Dawn Foster and Danese Cooper, Intel, "Art of Community"
OSCON 2007 will feature an expo hall where companies offering open source products and services will display their latest innovations to the more than 2,500 attendees that are expected at the convention. Sponsors and exhibitors so far include: Autodesk, Novell, Google, Intel, New York Times, Sun, Microsoft, Optaros, IBM, and Ingres. Networking opportunities at OSCON will be plentiful for the entire open source community, particularly during evening events such as the Open Source Alliance SSO Hack-a-Thon, "Meet-n-Geek," and the Google O'Reilly Open Source Awards.
For complete conference details, visit: http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2007/To find out more about the O'Reilly Radar Executive Briefing, visit: http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/58/radar.html
To apply for media credentials, visit: http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/58/press.html
Sign up for the OSCON newsletter for updates on speakers, sessions and events (login required): http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/nl/home#conferences
For news articles, blogs, announcements, and photos (available for use with attribution) from OSCON 2006, see: http://www.oreillynet.com/conferences/blog/oscon
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at O'Reilly conferences, contact Derek Chase at email@example.com
To become a media or community partner, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- RailsConf, May 17-20, 2007 in Portland, Oregon
- O’Reilly Where 2.0 Conference, May 29-30, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- O’Reilly TOC Conference, June 18-20, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- Ubuntu Live, co-produced by Canonical, July 22-24 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 23-27, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Energy Innovation Conference, August 22-24, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- RailsConf Europe, co-presented by O'Reilly Media and Ruby Central, September 17-19, 2007 in Berlin, Germany
- Web 2.0 Summit, co-produced by O'Reilly Media and CMP Technology, October 17-19 in San Francisco, CA
- O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference, March 3-6, 2008 in San Diego, CA
- MySQL Conference & Expo, April 14-17, 2008 in Santa Clara, CA
- Web 2.0 Expo, co-produced by O'Reilly Media and CMP Technology, April 22-25 in San Francisco, CA
O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.O'Reilly is a registered trademark of O'Reilly Media, Inc. Other products mentioned may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Media Relations – North America & Conferences
Media Relations – Japan
Media Relations – United Kingdom