Press Release: January 3, 2008
Reasons to Love Macworld--O'Reilly Media Alert: Meet Your Favorite O'Reilly Authors at Macworld Soon, the news feed will belong to the Macworld Expo & Conference, the largest Mac confab of its kind. And O'Reilly Media--a leading content creator of cutting edge tech books, online services, magazines, and conferences--will be there. We're joining some 400 exhibitors and the expected 50,000 conference goers in San Francisco's Moscone Center (Jan. 15 to 18).
Highlights at the O'Reilly booth (S-2218) will include a dynamic lineup of entertaining talks and timely new Mac and digital media titles to browse during the conference. Indeed, there's something for every Mac addict to love.
Buzz is already building over David Pogue's upcoming appearances at the O'Reilly booth on Jan. 16 and 17 at 1 p.m. At present, David's new book, Mac OS X Leopard: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly, $34.99), tops Amazon's bestseller charts. And during his talk, David--the New York Times tech columnist, creator of O'Reilly's Missing Manual series, and magician--will use his wit and showmanship to demonstrate his expert Leopard tips and tricks.
Yet there are many more reasons to love visiting the O'Reilly booth and sponsored events during Macworld:
- Because on Jan. 13 Derrick Story will lead an "Ask the Experts" panel discussion that features leading digital photographers (Mikkel Aaland, Harold Davis, and Rick Smolan) talking about their craft at a pre-Macworld event hosted by Book Passage in Corte Madera at 7:00 p.m..
- Because throughout Macworld visitors can meet popular O'Reilly digital photographers/authors Mikkel Aaland, Stephen Johnson, Deke McClelland, and Derrick Story who share the secrets of their craft in a series of scheduled talks at the O'Reilly booth (S-2218).
- Because J.D. Biersdorfer, author of iPod: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly, $19.99) will demonstrate how to fill an iPod with free video (at the O'Reilly booth, Jan. 15, 2:30 p.m.).
- Because on Jan. 16, conference goers can head over to the nearby Apple Store (One Stockton St., SF) at 4:30 p.m. to hear the "Ask the Experts" panel discussion. And they can return the next day-- same place, same time--to hear David Pogue talk about Leopard and sing a song or two.
- Because when visiting the O'Reilly booth (S-2218), folks can enter a contest to win $500 worth of O'Reilly books and gear.
- Because at Macworld all O'Reilly titles are discounted 30 percent.
For more information about all these digital photography events and author presentations, including times, location, and contact information, check out O'Reilly's Macworld page.
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room