Press Release: March 27, 2008
First Velocity Opens Registration and Introduces Program for Conference: Velocity Optimizes Web Performance and Scalability
Sebastopol, CA--Registration has opened for the first O'Reilly Velocity, the web performance and operations conference, June 23 and 24 at the San Francisco Airport Marriott in Burlingame, CA. Designed to help break barriers and build a better internet for all users and customers, the conference shares the skills and knowledge crucial to building successful web sites that stay fast, scalable, resilient, and highly available.
Program chairs Jesse Robbins and Steve Souders add new sessions daily. Planned sessions already include:
- "Performance Plumbing" by Adam Bechtel of Yahoo!
- "LinkedIn Communication Architecture" by Ruslan Belkin and Sean Dawson of LinkedIn
- "Stress, Load, and Performance Testing in Quality Assurance" by Goranka Bjedov of Google
- "Incident Command for IT: What We Can Learn from the Fire Department" by Brent Chapman of Great Circle Associates, Inc.
- "Building an Automated Infrastructure" by Adam Jacob of HJK Solutions
- "High Performance Ajax Applications" by Julien Lecomte of Yahoo!
- "Hotmail's Performance Tuning Best Practices" by Aladdin Nassar of Microsoft - Hotmail
- "Lessons Learned in Live Search Moving to and Then Away from Ajax" by Eric Schurman of Microsoft
- "Image Optimization - How Many of These 7 Mistakes Are You Making?" by Stoyan Stefanov of Yahoo!
- "Cadillac or Nascar? A Non-religious Investigation of Modern Web Technologies" by Shanti Subramanyam and Akara Sucharitakul of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- "Scaling MySQL Powered Web Sites by Sharding and Replication" by Peter Zaitsev of MySQL Performance Blog
Other featured speakers will include Artur Bergman of Wikia, Eric Goldsmith of AOL, Jon Jenkins of Amazon.com, Simon Perkins of HttpWatch, Jesse Robbins of O'Reilly Radar, and Peter Sevcik of NetForecast, Inc.
The Velocity experience provides:
- Two practical, highly technical tracks covering the key aspects of web performance and operations in depth
- Inspirational keynote presentations that bring clarity to thorny issues
- A Sponsor Gallery featuring dozens of the latest tools and products
- Ignite, a rapid-fire showcase of amazing projects and ideas
- A half-day of Products & Services sessions to explore performance and operations innovations
Sponsors include Akamai, Google, Hyperic, Sun Microsystems, and Coradiant.
Early registration ends May 5. To register now, visit: https://en.oreilly.com/velocity2008/public/register
If you have ideas for speakers and topics, please send them to: email@example.com
For more conference information, please visit: http://en.oreilly.com/velocity2008/public/content/home
For exhibition and sponsorship opportunities, please email Sharon Cordesse: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media and promotional partner opportunities, please email Avila Reese: email@example.com
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room