Press Release: May 15, 2008
Fine Art Printing for Photographers, 2E--New from Rocky Nook: Exhibition Quality Prints with Inkjet Printers Santa Barbara, CA—Until recently, turning digital images into high quality fine art prints was only a dream, but this has now become a reality. Today's digital cameras produce image data files making large-format output possible at high resolution. As printing technology moves forward at an equally fast pace, the new inkjet printers are now capable of printing with great precision at a very fine resolution, providing an amazing tonal range and significantly superior image permanence. Moreover, these printers are now affordable to the serious photographer. In the hands of knowledgeable and experienced photographers, they can help create prints comparable to the highest quality darkroom prints on photographic paper.
Fine Art Printing for Photographers 2nd Edition (Rocky Nook, US $44.95) by Uwe Steinmueller and Juergen Gulbins provides the necessary foundation for fine art printing: the understanding of color management, profiling, paper, and inks. It demonstrates how to set up the printing workflow as it guides the reader step-by-step through the process of converting an image file to an outstanding fine art print.
This 2nd Edition of this top-selling book has been newly edited, and includes expanded coverage of the newest printers and papers.
In a foreword to the book, R. Mac Holbert, co-founder of Nash Editions which is recognized as the worlds first digital printmaking studio, observes, It is information like this that has helped to raise the quality of digital output and reduce the traditional artworlds resistance to the use digital tools in art. It is a book written by someone who KNOWS fine art digital printmaking. Uwes style is concise and to the point. This comprehensive and complete guide to fine art digital printmaking should be included in the library of anyone who is serious about making fine art digital prints.
Here is what some have said of the first edition--and this 2nd Edition is even better!
- Anyone wanting to work at the cutting edge of digitally sourced fine art printing should avail themselves of a copy of "Fine Art Printing For Photographers"
Midwest Book Review
- If you want to get better prints without having to ship your images off to a lab, this is the book you must get. Eat beans for a week if need be, but get this book.
- I have had the privilege to encounter many books on the art of photographic printing, but never have I found one so succinct and to the point about what is needed to create great prints. Fine Art Printing for Photographers is that book. Its subtitle, Exhibition Quality Prints with Inkjet Printers, is quite apt as it does a superb job of getting to the core of what is needed to understand and create high quality prints.
Thomas Testi, www.blogcritics.org
- There have been plenty of books published on printing, but [Fine Art Printing for Photographers] is the first one I can think of that goes as far as showing you how to make prints good enough to show in a gallery. So why settle for less when you can learn how to get the best, and this new book will give you just that.
- Paul W. Faust, www.apogeephoto.com
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Jürgen Gulbins has extensive experience in writing, technology, desktop publishing, designing ihg-end document archival systems, and digital photography. He is a prolific author who has written and translated books on topics such as CAD, Unix, DTP, typolography, Internet, document management, Linux, and various aspects of digital photography. He has been a passionate photographer most of his life.
Uwe Steinmüller has been a photographer since 1973. His first exhibitions were in 1978 in Bremen, Germany with photos from Venice, South Tirol, Germany, and France.
For more information about the book, see the catalog page for Fine Art Printing for Photographers, 2nd Edition.
Fine Art Printing for Photographers, Second Edition
Publisher: Rocky Nook
Jürgen Gulbins, Uwe Steinmüller
ISBN: 9781933952314, 312 pages, $44.95 USD
About Rocky Nook
Rocky Nook's books are distributed internationally by O'Reilly Media.
Rocky Nook was founded in early 2006 in Santa Barbara, California, and is closely associated with dpunkt.verlag, a leading publisher of books on technology based in Heidelberg, Germany. The focus of Rocky Nook's publications is on digital photography and computing.
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room