Press Release: September 8, 2008
Dozens of Product Launches and Announcements Planned for Web 2.0 Expo NYSAN FRANCISCO--September 8, 2008--O'Reilly Media, Inc. and TechWeb today preview product and market announcements that will be made at the upcoming Web 2.0 Expo New York. Web 2.0 Expos are the leading global gatherings of developers, designers, marketers, and business professionals building the next generation Web. Web 2.0 Expo New York happens September 16-19, 2008 in the Javits Convention Center and will welcome over 120 exhibitors. Registration is now open at: https://en.oreilly.com/webexny2008/public/register.
"The companies that are making their announcements in New York recognize the power of Web 2.0," said Jennifer Pahlka, Web 2.0 Expo General Manager and Co-Chair. "Web 2.0 Expo New York is clearly meeting a need in the market. We're gathering the community and providing a platform for the most innovative industry in our economy today."
The line-up of Web 2.0 Expo New York exhibitors making announcements or demonstrating new products for the first time will grow as the event nears and currently includes:
- BlueArc (Booth 1416) presents the Titan Series of hardware-accelerated network attached storage. Titan enables Web 2.0 companies to cost-effectively scale their storage infrastructure to meet the unprecedented demands created by serving thousands of simultaneous users under unpredictable peak loads 24/7.
- Briz.com (Booth 1717) unveils its new online community, combining business networking, business blogging, customer management, and local search to create a powerful Web 2.0 platform targeted towards SMB owners..
- Citadel Rock Online Communities Inc. will be joining with the TikiWiki open source community to showcase collaborative customer support and wiki-based event management at Web 2.0 Expo in New York on September 17-18, and to demonstrate capabilities of the latest TikiWiki 2.0 platform released the month prior.
- Conduit, a leading provider of website syndication solutions, introduces new methods to gadgetize content and applications, and syndicate them to a network of 38,000,000 users. The company also announces that it grew its list of web publishers to more than 180,000, won several industry awards, and doubled its staff size.
- ConTrust, "Content you can trust," will unveil an innovative early availability SaaS solution to tackle social media risks and threats; with this launch ConTrust enables media platforms to moderate UGC in real time, enhance their end-user experience, optimize on operation costs and thus realize their full business potential.
- Curl, the enterprise RIA Company, will be making two announcements during Web 2.0, including the Beta update release of Curl's RIA platform, code-named Nitro, and a new program to grow its developer community.
- Eluma, a provider of Internet productivity software will announce its new Facebook application, "Collections"; demonstrate new features including read-write Web portal access and new sharing capabilities; and launch "Eluma Private Label" which offers online content providers a unique way to drive traffic and increase loyalty with their visitors.
- Ifbyphone, the innovative telephone application platform company, (on Sept. 15) will announce the release of a powerful new Smart Conference Calling solution with an easy-to-use application programming interface (API) that Web developers can utilize to add "smart" conference-calling capabilities to the websites they build for businesses of any size.
- Intridea will introduce Present.ly, a secure Twitter-like short-form enterprise communication tool that provides a revolutionary way for company employees to let others know what they are working on, tap the collective knowledge of colleagues, and track relevant information in real time via the Web, mobile, IM and more.
- KonoLive will be debuting its official public beta at Web2.0 Expo NY. KonoLive is the collaborative work companion that defines the future of knowledge sharing. KonoLive lets you engage your social and business networks to contribute to your everyday activities, empowering teams and individuals to get things done, together.
- Lithium Technologies, provider of the leading on-demand enterprise social media platform, will unveil details around the launch of its latest client services offering to help enterprise companies realize measurable business benefit from social media; as well as Lithium Blogs, which extends the unique social capabilities pioneered in Lithium's community platform.
- LiquidPlanner, the first online project management software that enables teams to capture and manage uncertainty, will be announcing a number of new collaboration features at the Web 2.0 Expo aimed at helping companies realize the benefits of social project management.
- LiveWorld launches a new product that creates Instant Contextually Relevant Community for brands. This new product, to be unveiled on Sept 16, 2008, brings every page on a web site alive with online community, a new easy intuitive approach to social networking and deploys in minutes.
- Microsoft will be on hand to discuss the enhancements available in the latest version of Windows Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 was released in four languages last month and includes improved search, navigation, interoperability, security, privacy, and partner opportunity.
- Octopz, an award-winning online collaboration software, for creative professionals working with digital media, is announcing the latest release of its secure and extensible collaboration platform with expanded customization and branding capabilities--including the ability to embed an Octopz button within existing applications and workflows--making online collaboration instantly accessible.
- Rackspace Hosting, the world's leader and specialist in hosting, will announce Platform Hosting, a new hosting solution designed for companies with in-house IT experience, on September 18th. Rackspace is changing the way businesses worldwide buy IT and Platform Hosting is a new option for businesses looking to reduce IT costs.
- SharedBook is announcing Smart Button technology, changing the economics of publishing. Smart Button technology empowers both the individual to assemble content into a professionally printed book and the brand to create virtual books for sale. Visit www.SharedBook.com--we'll show you how our current clients are using it now!
- SimpleFeed (Booth 19) unveils Version 3 of its market leading RSS Publishing and Analytics Service. An update two years in the making, Version 3 now enables business managers to instantly create, manage, mash-up and measure RSS Feeds from any corporate content source including search results, web pages and data feeds.
- Site9, Inc. (Booth 1307) announces the release of ProtoShare 2.0, the collaborative website development tool. With new features specifically tailored for large companies and agencies, ProtoShare 2.0 improves communication and productivity within a project team, and between agencies and clients, with real-time feedback on creative content and clickable wireframes.
- Siteworx, Inc. is launching Searchable--a new iPhone® application--built by its subsidiary, Axiom™Radio Software, Inc. in conjunction with National Public Radio's new API. The launch represents one of the first comprehensive Open APIs introduced by a major national media organization. Learn more at http://www.siteworx.com or http://www.axiomsoftwareinc.com.
- SnapLogic, the SaaS integration company, will announce a partnership and OEM agreement with a major Wiki and social networking platform provider. SnapLogic's open source data integration framework enables enterprises to integrate data on both sides of the firewall and to create custom integration solutions, including SaaS integrations, mashups and RIAs.
- Recently featured in Wall Street Journal and at the forefront of the Web 2.0 movement, SynthaSite will announce the details of its massive 2008 growth, as well as highlight its future product roadmap and business strategy.
- WebAsyst LLC, Wilmington, Delaware. WebAsyst announces the merger of its former subsidiary, Shop-Script, into the collaborative online services parent company, again expanding its comprehensive, affordable suite of online products. Thousands of existing customers will now benefit from combined ecommerce, CRM, and intranet capability through their single WebAsyst accounts.
- Yuuguu will unveil details of a new dynamic feature to enhance its simple-to-use multi-platform web conferencing technology. With this launch, Yuuguu is building on its powerful tool set, which will allow even more people to take advantage of its intuitive screen sharing and collaborative working technology for free.
- Zahdoo.com will unveil the first ever socio-cognitive networking platform to help individuals and families effectively manage the daily juggle of activities, information and relationships. With context awareness, semantic linking and a range of planning and networking features, Zahdoo delivers an engaging and productive social experience.
A forum for creativity, engineering, and innovation, Web 2.0 Expo New York includes a multi-track conference, workshops, an "unconference" program called Web2Open, a major tradeshow, and many networking events. Web 2.0 Expo welcomes industry leaders who are participating and exhibiting in this year's show including Diamond sponsors HP, Microsoft and Salesforce.com; Platinum sponsor eBay; Gold sponsors Amazon Web Services, Conduit, curl, EMC, Force10, Intuit QuickBase, Keynote, LiveWorld, UltraDNS, ONEsite, OpSource, S60 and Sun Microsystems; Silver sponsors Acquia, Ascentium, Awareness, BlueArc, Coradiant, Dixero, HiveLive, Intel, Jive, Kablink, Kapow, Lithium, Mzinga, Octopz, Panther, RightScale, SynthaSite, TripAdvisor, WebAsyst and XBOSoft.
To learn more about the 2008 Web 2.0 Expo San Francisco or to register
To apply for a media pass, visit:
To read the O'Reilly Radar, visit:
If you have ideas about areas you'd like to see included at the
conference, send a note to:
If you'd like to stay up to date on information relating to Web 2.0,
sign up for the conference newsletter:
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
TechWeb, the global leader in business technology media, is an innovative business focused on serving the needs of technology decision-makers and marketers worldwide. TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed media brands in the business technology market. Today, more than 13.3* million business technology professionals actively engage in our communities created around our global face-to-face events Interop, Web 2.0, Black Hat and VoiceCon; online resources such as the TechWeb Network, Light Reading, Intelligent Enterprise, InformationWeek.com, bMighty.com, and The Financial Technology Network; and the market leading, award-winning InformationWeek, TechNet Magazine, MSDN Magazine, Wall Street & Technology magazines. TechWeb also provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation performance marketing, integrated media, research, and analyst services. TechWeb is a division of United Business Media, a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
*13.3 million business decision-makers: based on # of monthly connections
About United Business Media Limited
United Business Media Limited is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print, and with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently. For more information, go to www.unitedbusinessmedia.com.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Media Relations – North America & Conferences
Media Relations – Japan
Media Relations – United Kingdom