March 4, 2009
O'Reilly Found Opens Registration: Inaugural Search Acquisition and Architecture Conference Program Revealed
Sebastopol, CA, March 4, 2009 - Can your customers find you on Google? Are you ahead of your competition? O'Reilly Media has opened registration for the inaugural O'Reilly Found, the Search Acquisition and Architecture Conference scheduled for June 9-11 2009, at the San Francisco Airport Marriott in Burlingame, CA. Program chairs Nathan Buggia and Vanessa Fox have announced the program, which will provide strategies, design patterns, and case studies for increasing customer acquisition from search engines.
Found will explore building search engine optimization (SEO) best practices into the development process, so search engines drive more qualified customers to your website. Developers, designers, entrepreneurs, and more will learn how website architecture can impact SEO, and hear the experiences of industry experts from companies like the New York Times, MRM World Wide, Microsoft and Google.
The three-day conference offers attendees:
- Trends laid out by newsworthy keynote presenters
- An emphasis on case studies, research results, and real-world data
- Practical applications and theories discussed in-depth in sessions and workshops
- A Sponsor Gallery filled with web technology vendors showcasing the latest products and services
- Face-to-face discussions of best practices, standards, and more with experts
- Time to network and exchange ideas with others encountering the same challenges
Featured sessions and speakers will include:
- "Technical SEO Issues" by Vanessa Fox (Nine By Blue) and Bruce Clay (Bruce Clay, Inc)
- "Building SEO-Friendly Site Architecture" by Nathan Buggia (Microsoft)
- "Assessing Your Site for Potential SEO Pitfalls" by Jill Whalen (HighRankings.com)
- "Architecture for E-Commeerce Websites" by Ralf Schwoebel (Tradebit, Inc) and Stephan Spencer (Netconcepts)
- "Building Your SEO Strategy and Analytics into Your Content Management System" by Jonah Stein (It's the ROI) and Craig Hordlow (Red Bricks Media)
- "Semantic Content and the Future of Search" by Scott Prevost (Microsoft Live Search/Powerset team) and Jay Batson (Acquia)
- "Optimizing Video and Images" by Peter Linsley (Google) and William Leake (Apogee Search)
- "Architecting On-Site Search To Increase Conversions and Better Understand Customers" by Sam Mefford (Avalon Consulting, LLC) and Todd Keup (Magnifisites)
- "How Marketing and Development Can Work Together Effectively" by Greg Hartnett (Best of the Web), Natala Menezes, Fred Sadaghiani(TeachStreet), and Gahlord Dewald (Union Street Media)
The first day of the conference will also offer workshops emphasizing solid foundational coding tactics and actionable data that will ensure search engines can easily crawl, index, and rank a site's content. Workshops will include:
- "Architecting Search-Friendly Flash" by Duane Nickull (Adobe Systems)
- "Introduction to Search Marketing for Engineers" by Rand Fishkin (SEOmoz)
- "Understanding Your Customers through Keyword Research" by Jorie Waterman (MRM Worldwide)
- "Harnessing User Generated Content" by Peter Berger (Suite 101.com Media Inc) and Lawrence Coburn (Sexy Widget)
- "Enhancing Your Search Conversion with Yahoo! Search Monkey" by Bill Michels (Yahoo!)
- "Tools for Diagnosing Root Causes of Search Optimization Issues" by Susan Moskwa (Google)
While Found's content is aimed at web developers, web designers, user interface and usability professionals, product managers and anyone who works with developers on SEO-related issues will also find valuable information at the conference. Found bridges the needs of both development and marketing, helping both sides work together for better results.
Early registration ends April 21, 2009.
For more information on Found, visit:
If you have ideas about areas you'd like to see included at the conference, send a note to:
To see advance coverage of Found, visit:
If you'd like to stay up to date on information relating to Found, sign up for the conference newsletter (login required) at:
To read Tim O'Reilly's take on the future, go to the O'Reilly Radar at:
For information about sponsorship and exhibit opportunities at Found, contact Yvonne Romaine at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 827-7198
For media inquiries, contact Maureen Jennings at email@example.com
If you would like to discuss forming a media or promotional partnership with O'Reilly for an upcoming event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More O'Reilly Conferences:
- O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference in San Jose, CA, March 9-12, 2009
- Web 2.0 Expo San Francisco in San Francisco March 31-April 3, 2009, co-produced with TechWeb
- MySQL Conference & Expo in Santa Clara, CA, April 20-23, 2009, co-presented by O'Reilly Media and Sun Microsystems
- RailsConf in Las Vegas, May 4-7, 2009, co-presented with Ruby Central, Inc.
- Where 2.0 Conference in San Jose, CA, May 19-21, 2009
- Velocity in San Jose, CA, June 22-24, 2009
- OSCON in San Jose, CA, in San Jose, CA, July 20-24, 2009
- Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, CA, October 20-22, 2009
- Web 2.0 Expo New York in New York City, Nov. 16-19, 2009
For a conference overview, visit:
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom