August 26, 2009
Gov 2.0 Summit Releases Event Speaker List: Julius Genachowski, Vivek Kundra, Aneesh Chopra, David Miliband, John Podesta, and Casey Coleman Among Those Taking the Stage
San Francisco , CA, August 26, 2009 — O'Reilly Media, Inc. and TechWeb, co-producers of the annual Web 2.0 Summit and Web 2.0 Expo events, today announce the list of speakers for the first Gov 2.0 Summit. Program Chair Tim O'Reilly and Co-Chair Richard P. O'Neill, Founder and President of The Highlands Group, bring together a select group to explore how technology can enable transparency, participation, collaboration, and efficiency at all levels of government. Gov 2.0 Summit will take place September 9-10, 2009 at the Grand Hyatt in Washington DC. Requests for an invitation can be made at www.gov2summit.com.
The list of speakers includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Susie Adams, Federal Civilian Chief Technology Officer: Microsoft Corporation
- Jo Anderson, Jr. Senior Advisor to the Secretary of Education: U.S. Department of Education
- Linda Avey, Co-Founder: 23andMe
- Vinton Cerf, Co-Inventor of TCP/IP: Google
- Aneesh Chopra, Chief Technology Officer: Federal Office of Science and Technology Policy
- John Clippinger, Co-Director, Law Lab: Berkman Center Harvard University
- Alan Cohn, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy (Strategic Plans): U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Casey Coleman, Chief Information Officer: U.S. General Services Administration
- John Culberson, U.S. Congressman: 7th District of Texas
- Jack Dangermond, Founder and President: ESRI
- Jack Dorsey, Creator, Chairman and Co-Founder: Twitter
- Carol Dumaine, Deputy Director of Energy and Environmental Security: Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence at the U.S. Department of Energy
- Elliott Fisher, Director Population Health and Policy: The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice
- Julius Genachowski, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Bev Godwin, Director, USA.gov and Web Best Practices, Office of Citizen Services: U.S. General Services Administration
- Monica Guzman, Newsgatherer: SeattlePI.com
- Carleen Hawn, Co-Founder & CEO: Healthspottr
- Adrian Holovaty, Founder: EveryBlock
- Steven Berlin Johnson, Executive Chairman: Outside.in
- Nikolas Justice, Program Executive Officer, Command, Control and Communications-Tactical: US Army
- Mitchell Kapor, Founder and Chair: Open Source Applications Foundation
- Vivek Kundra, Federal Chief Information Officer: Federal Office of Management and Budget
- Carl Malamud President and CEO: Public.Resource.Org, Inc.
- John Markoff, Reporter: New York Times
- Mikel Maron Human: OpenStreetMap
- Michael McDonald, President: Global Health Initiatives, Inc.
- Rt Honourable David Miliband, MP Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Her Majesty's Government, UK
- Ellen Miller, Co-Founder and Executive Director: Sunlight Foundation
- Craig Mundie, Chief Research and Strategy Officer: Microsoft Corporation
- Kojo Nnamdi: "The Kojo Nnamdi Show" & "Evening Exchange"
- Beth Noveck, Director: White House Open Government Initiative
- Alex "Sandy" Pentland, Toshiba Professor of Media and Arts, MIT
- Macon Phillips, Director of New Media: The White House
- John Podesta, President and CEO: Center for American Progress
- Michele Weslander Quaid, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Eric Rasmussen, CEO & Managing Director: InSTEDD
- Eric Ries, Venture Advisor: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Mary Ruddy, Founder: Meristic, Inc.
- Andrea Seabrook, Congressional Correspondent: NPR
- Clay Shirky, Writer and Consultant : shirky.com
- Jeffrey A. Sorenson, Chief Information Officer/G-6 : U.S. Army
- Judith Spencer, Chair, Federal Public Key Infrastructure Steering Committee: General Services Administration
- Tom Steinberg, Director: mySociety
- Michael Tiemann, President: Open Source Initiative
- Lena Trudeau, Vice President: National Academy of Public Administration
- Hal Varian, Chief Economist: Google
- Werner Vogels, Chief Technology Officer: Amazon.com
- Linton Wells, II Force Transformation Chair: National Defense University
- David Wennergren, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Information Management and Technology & DoD Deputy Chief Information Officer: Department of Defense
Gov 2.0 Summit will be limited in size, and focused on strategy and networking. The format will be a two-day executive-level conference featuring talk-show style interviews with senior officials and executives, ground-breaking case studies and networking events. Additional information on Gov 2.0 Summit content, registration information, and promotional opportunities available at www.gov2summit.com.
Sponsors of the Gov 2.0 Summit include Diamond Sponsors Booz Allen Hamilton, Microsoft; Platinum Sponsors ESRI, Google, HP, Intel, Palantir Technologies; Gold Sponsors EffectiveUI, ForeSee Results, SharedBook; Silver Sponsors Adobe Systems, Inc., Aquilent, JackBe, Sapient, IdeaScale Survey Analytics, Touchstone, and Supporting Sponsor Craig Newmark of cnewmark.com.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
TechWeb, the global leader in business technology media, is an innovative business focused on serving the needs of technology decision-makers and marketers worldwide. TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed media brands in the business technology market. Today, more than 13.3* million business technology professionals actively engage in our communities created around our global face-to-face events Interop, Web 2.0, Black Hat and VoiceCon; online resources such as the TechWeb Network, Light Reading, Intelligent Enterprise, InformationWeek.com, bMighty.com, and The Financial Technology Network; and the market leading, award-winning InformationWeek, TechNet Magazine, MSDN Magazine, Wall Street & Technology magazines. TechWeb also provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation performance marketing, integrated media, research, and analyst services. TechWeb is a division of United Business Media, a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. *13.3 million business decision-makers: based on # of monthly connections.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom