Press Release: September 28, 2009
Oracle PL/SQL Programming--New from O'Reilly: Covers Versions Through Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Sebastopol, CA—The definitive reference on PL/SQL, Oracle PL/SQL Programming, Fifth Edition (O'Reilly, US $69.99) by Steven Feuerstein and Bill Pribyl covers language fundamentals, advanced coding techniques, and best practices for using Oracle's powerful procedural language. Thoroughly updated for Oracle Database 11g Release 2, this edition reveals new PL/SQL features and provides extensive code samples, ranging from simple examples to complex and complete real applications, in the book and on the companion website. Ideal for novices and experienced Oracle programmers alike.
This indispensable reference for both novices and experienced Oracle programmers will help you:
- Get PL/SQL programs up and running quickly, with clear instructions for executing, tracing, testing, debugging, and managing PL/SQL code
- Optimize PL/SQL performance with the aid of a brand-new chapter in the fifth edition
- Explore datatypes, conditional and sequential control statements, loops, exception handling, security features, globalization and localization issues, and the PL/SQL architecture
- Understand and use new Oracle Database 11g features, including the edition-based redefinition capability, the function result cache, the new CONTINUE statement, fine-grained dependency tracking, sequences in PL/SQL expressions, supertype invocation from subtypes, and enhancements to native compilation, triggers, and dynamic SQL
- Use new Oracle Database 11g tools and techniques such as PL/Scope, the PL/SQL hierarchical profiler, and the SecureFiles technology for large objects
- Build modular PL/SQL applications using procedures, functions, triggers, and packages
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Steven Feuerstein is considered one of the world's leading experts on the Oracle PL/SQL language, having written ten books on the subject. Steven is a Senior Technology Advisor with Quest Software and has been developing software since 1980.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596514464
Oracle PL/SQL Programming, Fifth Edition
Steven Feuerstein, Bill Pribyl
ISBN: 9780596514464, 1226 pages,
Book Price: $69.99 USD, £53.99 GBP
Ebook Price: $55.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room