November 19, 2009
RESTful Java with JAX-RS--New from O'Reilly: Design and build RESTful web services
Sebastopol, CA—Learn how to design and develop distributed web services in Java using RESTful architectural principals and the JAX-RS specification in Java EE 6. With RESTful Java with JAX-RS (O'Reilly, US $39.99) by Bill Burke, you'll focus on implementation rather than theory, and discover why the RESTful method is far better than technologies like CORBA and SOAP.
It's easy to get started with services based on the REST architecture. RESTful Java with JAX-RS includes a technical guide that explains REST and JAX-RS, how they work, and when to use them. With the RESTEasy workbook that follows, you get step-by-step instructions for installing, configuring, and running several working JAX-RS examples using the JBoss RESTEasy implementation of JAX-RS.
- Work on the design of a distributed RESTful interface, and develop it in Java as a JAX-RS service
- Dispatch HTTP requests in JAX-RS, and learn how to extract information from them
- Deploy your web services within Java Enterprise Edition using the Application class, Default Component Model, EJB Integration, Spring Integration, and JPA
- Explore several options for securing your web services
- Learn how to implement RESTful design patterns using JAX-RS
- Write RESTful clients in Java using libraries and frameworks such as java.net.URL, Apache HTTP Client, and RESTEasy Proxy
"Essential reading for Java programmers who want to learn and apply the philosophy of the Web."
--Leonard Richardson, author, RESTful Web Services
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Bill Burke is a Fellow at the JBoss division of REd Hat Inc. A long time JBoss contributor and architect, his current project is RESTEasy, RESTful Web Services for Java.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see:
RESTful Java with JAX-RS
Book Price: $39.99 USD, £30.99 GBP
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom