Press Release: November 24, 2009
John Resig, Creator and Lead Developer of jQuery, says, "One of the best ways to expand your preconceived notion of what you can do with jQuery is to learn and use code from the jQuery plugin community...Personally I find a cookbook to be one of the best ways to challenge my preconceived notions of a language or library. I love seeing cases where an API that I thought I knew well is turned around and used in new and interesting ways."
With jQuery Cookbook, you will learn how to:
- Solve problems involving events, effects, dimensions, forms, themes, and user interface elements
- Learn how to enhance your forms, and how to position and reposition elements on a page
- Make the most of jQuery's event management system, including custom events and custom event data
- Create UI elements-such as tabs, accordions, and modals-from scratch
- Optimize your code to eliminate bottlenecks and ensure peak performance
- Learn how to test your jQuery applications
- Apply the jQuery UI CSS framework and theming
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Cody Lindley, editor of jQuery Cookbook, brings together over a dozen contributors, all of them key people in jQuery's ongoing development process. Each focuses on subjects they've worked with and often helped create.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596159788
edited by Cody Lindley
ISBN: 9780596159788, 480 pages,
Book Price: $34.99 USD, £26.99 GBP
Ebook Price: $27.99 USD
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room