November 24, 2009
jQuery Cookbook--New from O'Reilly: Solutions & Examples for jQuery Developers
John Resig, Creator and Lead Developer of jQuery, says, "One of the best ways to expand your preconceived notion of what you can do with jQuery is to learn and use code from the jQuery plugin community...Personally I find a cookbook to be one of the best ways to challenge my preconceived notions of a language or library. I love seeing cases where an API that I thought I knew well is turned around and used in new and interesting ways."
With jQuery Cookbook, you will learn how to:
- Solve problems involving events, effects, dimensions, forms, themes, and user interface elements
- Learn how to enhance your forms, and how to position and reposition elements on a page
- Make the most of jQuery's event management system, including custom events and custom event data
- Create UI elements-such as tabs, accordions, and modals-from scratch
- Optimize your code to eliminate bottlenecks and ensure peak performance
- Learn how to test your jQuery applications
- Apply the jQuery UI CSS framework and theming
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Cody Lindley, editor of jQuery Cookbook, brings together over a dozen contributors, all of them key people in jQuery's ongoing development process. Each focuses on subjects they've worked with and often helped create.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see:
edited by Cody Lindley
Book Price: $34.99 USD, £26.99 GBP
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom