May 11, 2010
Windows 7 Annoyances: Tools and Techniques to Improve Your Windows 7 Experience--New from O'Reilly
Sebastopol, CA—Windows 7 may be faster and more stable than Vista, but it's a far cry from problem-free. David A. Karp comes to the rescue with the latest in his popular Windows Annoyances series. This thorough guide gives you the tools you need to fix the troublesome parts of this operating system, plus the solutions, hacks, and timesaving tips to make the most of your PC.
With Windows 7 Annoyances (O'Reilly Media, $39.99 USD) you will learn how to:
- Streamline Windows Explorer, improve the Search tool, eliminate the Green Ribbon of Death, and tame User Account Control prompts
- Explore powerful Registry tips and tools, and use them to customize every aspect of Windows and solve its shortcomings
- Squeeze more performance from your hardware with solutions for your hard disk, laptop battery, CPU, printers, and more
- Stop crashes, deal with stubborn hardware and drivers, fix video playback issues, and troubleshoot Windows when it won't start
- Protect your stuff with permissions, encryption, and shadow copies
- Secure and speed up your wireless network, fix networking woes, make Bluetooth functional, and improve your Web experience
- Get nearly all of the goodies in 7 Ultimate, no matter which edition you have
"Blunt, honest, and awesome."
—Aaron Junod, Manager, Integration Systems at Evolution Benefits
"This could be the best [money] you've ever spent."
—Jon Jacobi, PC World
"...the most comprehensive and entertaining guide you can get for turning Windows into an operating system that's a pleasure to use."
—Preston Gralla, author of Windows Vista in a Nutshell, and Computerworld contributing editor
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your delivery address and contact information.
David A. Karp is the author of the bestselling Windows Annoyances series of books and the founder of Annoyances.org. He writes for PC Magazine and his latest books include Windows Vista Annoyances and Fixing Windows XP Annoyances.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see:
Windows 7 Annoyances
David A. Karp
Book Price: $39.99 USD, £30.99 GBP
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences