Press Release: May 11, 2010
Windows 7 Annoyances: Tools and Techniques to Improve Your Windows 7 Experience--New from O'Reilly
With Windows 7 Annoyances (O'Reilly Media, $39.99 USD) you will learn how to:
- Streamline Windows Explorer, improve the Search tool, eliminate the Green Ribbon of Death, and tame User Account Control prompts
- Explore powerful Registry tips and tools, and use them to customize every aspect of Windows and solve its shortcomings
- Squeeze more performance from your hardware with solutions for your hard disk, laptop battery, CPU, printers, and more
- Stop crashes, deal with stubborn hardware and drivers, fix video playback issues, and troubleshoot Windows when it won't start
- Protect your stuff with permissions, encryption, and shadow copies
- Secure and speed up your wireless network, fix networking woes, make Bluetooth functional, and improve your Web experience
- Get nearly all of the goodies in 7 Ultimate, no matter which edition you have
"Blunt, honest, and awesome."
—Aaron Junod, Manager, Integration Systems at Evolution Benefits
"This could be the best [money] you've ever spent."
—Jon Jacobi, PC World
"...the most comprehensive and entertaining guide you can get for turning Windows into an operating system that's a pleasure to use."
—Preston Gralla, author of Windows Vista in a Nutshell, and Computerworld contributing editor
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your delivery address and contact information.
David A. Karp is the author of the bestselling Windows Annoyances series of books and the founder of Annoyances.org. He writes for PC Magazine and his latest books include Windows Vista Annoyances and Fixing Windows XP Annoyances.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596157630
Windows 7 Annoyances
David A. Karp
ISBN: 978-0-596-15762-3, 720 pages,
Book Price: $39.99 USD, £30.99 GBP
Ebook Price: $31.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
|4/21/17||Strata Data Conference covers entire data ecosystem|
|4/5/17||O'Reilly's OSCON explores all things open source|
|2/14/17||Strata + Hadoop World makes data work|
|2/6/17||O'Reilly Design Conference Shapes Future|
|1/26/17||First JupyterCon announced|