Press Release: May 11, 2010
Windows 7 Annoyances: Tools and Techniques to Improve Your Windows 7 Experience--New from O'Reilly
With Windows 7 Annoyances (O'Reilly Media, $39.99 USD) you will learn how to:
- Streamline Windows Explorer, improve the Search tool, eliminate the Green Ribbon of Death, and tame User Account Control prompts
- Explore powerful Registry tips and tools, and use them to customize every aspect of Windows and solve its shortcomings
- Squeeze more performance from your hardware with solutions for your hard disk, laptop battery, CPU, printers, and more
- Stop crashes, deal with stubborn hardware and drivers, fix video playback issues, and troubleshoot Windows when it won't start
- Protect your stuff with permissions, encryption, and shadow copies
- Secure and speed up your wireless network, fix networking woes, make Bluetooth functional, and improve your Web experience
- Get nearly all of the goodies in 7 Ultimate, no matter which edition you have
"Blunt, honest, and awesome."
—Aaron Junod, Manager, Integration Systems at Evolution Benefits
"This could be the best [money] you've ever spent."
—Jon Jacobi, PC World
"...the most comprehensive and entertaining guide you can get for turning Windows into an operating system that's a pleasure to use."
—Preston Gralla, author of Windows Vista in a Nutshell, and Computerworld contributing editor
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your delivery address and contact information.
David A. Karp is the author of the bestselling Windows Annoyances series of books and the founder of Annoyances.org. He writes for PC Magazine and his latest books include Windows Vista Annoyances and Fixing Windows XP Annoyances.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596157630
Windows 7 Annoyances
David A. Karp
ISBN: 978-0-596-15762-3, 720 pages,
Book Price: $39.99 USD, £30.99 GBP
Ebook Price: $31.99 USD
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room