June 3, 2010
PowerPoint 2010 and Access 2010 Plain & Simple--Two New Books from Microsoft Press
I have two new Plain & Simple books available for review this week: Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2010 Plain & Simple and Microsoft® Access® 2010 Plain & Simple. Just drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org with the titles you're interested in, as well as where you'll be posting your review.
—Sara Peyton, O'Reilly PR
New Releases from Microsoft Press
Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2010 Plain & Simple
by Nancy Muir
"I've written several books on PowerPoint over the years," says author Nancy Muir, "and it's one of my favorite products. It's easy to use, yet feature rich. Many people don't realize the best way to use Powerpoint nor how much it can do. With new tools for video and web publishing, people can use PowerPoint to participate in the exciting opportunities that exist for video sharing and online communication."
Here's what you'll learn:
- Create dynamic presentations for your audience
- Include charts, tables, clip art, and other graphics
- Add video clips and CD music
- Animate slide and add transition effects
- Edit and polish your presentations with ease
- Create speaker notes and record narration
Microsoft® Access® 2010 Plain & Simple
by Curtis D. Frye
"Access 2010 contains many new capabilities that build on the capabilities carried over from previous versions," says author Curtis Frye (@curtisfrye). "Microsoft Access 2010 Plain & Simple illustrates how to use those new capabilities to create useful databases."
Here's what you'll learn:
- Design and build your own database quickly
- Use Access forms to collect information with ease
- Create and modify tables to organize your data
- Store files such as documents and images
- Exchange data with other databases and documents
- Bring your data alive with colorful reports
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences