Press Release: August 31, 2010
Programming WCF Services: Mastering WCF and the Azure AppFabric Service Bus--New from O'Reilly
Sebastopol, CA—Programming WCF Services, Third Edition is the authoritative, bestselling guide to Microsoft's unified platform for developing modern service-oriented applications on Windows.
"I've included my ServiceModelEx library, a framework of useful utilities, tools, and helper classes that let you simplify and automate many tasks, and extend WCF," says author, speaker, and Master Architect Juval Löwy.
Löwy revised this edition to include the newest productivity-enhancing features of .NET Framework 4 and the Azure AppFabric Service Bus, as well as the latest WCF ideas and techniques. By teaching you the why and the how of WCF programming, Programming WCF Services will help you master WCF and make you a better software engineer.
This book will help you:
- Learn about WCF architecture and essential building blocks, including key concepts such as reliability and transport sessions
- Use built-in features such as service hosting, instance and concurrency management, transactions, disconnected queued calls, security, and discovery
- Master the Windows Azure AppFabric Service Bus, the most revolutionary piece of the new cloud computing initiative
- Increase your productivity and the quality of your WCF services by taking advantage of relevant design options, tips, and best practices in Löwy's ServiceModelEx framework
- Discover the rationale behind particular design decisions, and delve into rarely understood aspects of WCF development
Hailed as the definitive treatment of WCF, this book provides unique insight, rather than documentation, to help you learn the topics and skills you need for building WCF-based applications that are maintainable, extensible, and reusable.
"If you choose to learn WCF, you've chosen well. If you choose to learn with the resource and guidance of Juval Löwy, you've done even better... there are few people alive today who know WCF as well."
—Ron Jacobs, Senior Technical Evangelist for WCF, Microsoft Corporation
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781449394455
Programming WCF Services
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
ISBN: 9780596805487, 912 pages
Print Price: 54.99 USD, Ebook Price: 43.99 USD
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room