Press Release: October 4, 2010
Expert author Jonathan Stark walks you through how to create an Android-friendly web app on the platform of your choice, and then convert it to a native Android app with the free PhoneGap framework. Discover why device-agnostic mobile apps are the wave of the future, and start building apps that offer greater flexibility and a broader reach.
- Learn the basics for making a web page look great on the Android web browser
- Convert a website into a web application, complete with progress indicators and more
- Add animation with jQTouch to make your web app look and feel like a native Android app
- Take advantage of client-side data storage with apps that run even when the Android device is offline
- Use PhoneGap to hook into advanced Android features -- including the accelerometer, geolocation, and alerts
- Test and debug your app on the Web under load with real users, and then submit the finished product to the Android Market
This book received valuable community input through O'Reilly's Open Feedback Publishing System (OFPS). Learn more at http://labs.oreilly.com/ofps.html.
"The mobile web is increasingly important: mobile devices are eclipsing traditional desktop access to the internet. Jonathan's books provide the quickest path for getting a mobile web app off the ground and into the app store. They've been the gateway drug for the PhoneGap project, but, more importantly, are demonstrating the power, utility, and simplicity of modern mobile web development."
—Brian LeRoux, Nitobi Software
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781449399122.
For more about Jonathan and his work with mobile applications, see:
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
ISBN: 9781449383268, 184 pages
Print Price: $29.99 Ebook Price: $23.99
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room