Press Release: October 27, 2010
iPod: The Missing Manual, Ninth Edition--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—Apple's iPod still has the world hooked on portable music, pictures, videos, movies, and more, but one thing it doesn't have is a manual that helps you can get the most out this amazing device. That's where this book comes in. Get the complete scoop on the latest line of iPods and the latest version of iTunes with the guide that outshines them all—iPod: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly Media, $19.99 USD).
"It's so nice to see the iPod Touch finally get that camera people have been hoping for every year since it hit the scene. As the new edition of iPod: The Missing Manual explains, not only can you shoot photos and video with the new iPod Touch, you can take advantage of FaceTime, Apple's video-chat software that works on the iPhone—and now the Mac as well," writes author J.D. Biersdorfer.
She adds: "One of the biggest changes to the iPod lineup this year was the shrinking of the iPod Nano—and converting it to a sleek little device for runners and other fitness enthusiasts who found the screen-less iPod Shuffle a little too limiting. The book shows you how to use the built-in pedometer and FM radio functions, and even how to use your Nano as a touch-screen pocket watch."
- Fill 'er up. Load your Nano, Touch, Classic, or Shuffle with music, movies, TV shows, photos, games, and more—and learn how to run it all.
- iTunes, tuned up. Share and discover new music with Ping, create instant playlists with Genius Mixes, and stream or download media with Home Sharing.
- Tour the Touch. Shoot, edit, and upload movies; get cool apps; challenge friends in the GameCenter; make FaceTime calls; read eBooks; and more.
- Get to know the Nano. Navigate by touchscreen, dial in FM radio, track workouts, create slideshows, and more with Apple's redesigned music player.
- Master the Shuffle and Classic. Learn the Shuffle's new controls and VoiceOver feature, and get complete instructions for the Classic.
"Apple updates iTunes every year, so the new edition of iPod: The Missing Manual explains all the new features, so you can get the most out of your music even when you're not running around with your iPod," notes Biersdorfer.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781449398699.
For more information on iPad: The Missing Manual, also from J.D. Biersdorfer, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/0636920010142.
iPod: The Missing Manual
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
ISBN: 9781449390471, 304 pages
Print Price: $19.99 Ebook Price: $15.99
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room