Press Release: November 10, 2010
O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing Conference Reveals Program: Publishing without Boundaries at TOC 2011
Sebastopol, CA, November 10, 2010—TOC, the O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing Conference, will explore the new world of publishing without boundaries February 14-16, 2011 at the Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers in New York City. Program chairs Andrew Savikas and Kat Meyer have announced the program for TOC, which will bring together stakeholders from the global book publishing and technology ecosystems.
A consistently sold-out event, TOC will expose you to the best of the best, offering a broader perspective than niche events provide. As always, TOC's program will integrate the visionary with the proven and practical, bringing together the people who are shaping publishing's future. If you're passionate about the business of publishing and reading, TOC will show you where that business is, and where it's going.
The program continues to grow, with currently featured speakers including:
- Margaret Atwood, Syngrafii, acting CEO
- Anil Dash, Expert Labs, Director
- Kevin Kelly, Wired, Senior Maverick
- Ben Huh, I Can Has Cheezburger, Chief Cheezburger
- Gus Balbontin, Lonely Planet, Global Innovation Manager
- James Bridle, Bookkake, Creator
- Jim Fruchterman, Benetech, Founder and CEO
- Kassia Krozer, Booksquare.com, Owner
- John Oakes, OR Books, Co-founder
- Brian O'Leary, Magellan Media, Founder and Principal
- Skip Prichard, Ingram Content Group Inc., President & CEO
- Rick Richter, Ruckus Media, Founder
- Sarah Weinman, DailyFinance, Contributor
Early registration discounts for TOC apply until January 11, 2011 at:
TOC 2011 sponsors currently include Ingram Content Group, Impelsys, Aptara, Bowker, Connotate, MarkLogic, SPi Global, Jacquette Consulting, Sliverchair, and Smashwords.
Media coverage, keynote videos, speaker presentation files, and photos from TOC 2010 at:
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room