January 26, 2011
Droid X and Droid 2 Covered in Two New Missing Manuals from O'Reilly Media
The Droid X and the Droid 2 are two of the most popular smartphones on the planet, but in order to take advantage of every feature in these hot new devices, you'll need assistance. Luckily, expert author Preston Gralla (@pgralla) steps in with these two definitive guides: Droid X: The Missing Manual and Droid 2: The Missing Manual.
Gralla says, "I wanted to make sure that everyone would be able to put these phones to their full use for things such as reading and syncing mail and calendar, turn-by-turn GPS navigation, taking and playing HD videos (including playing them on TVs), taking high-resolution photographs, keeping up with Facebook, speech recognition, and much more."
Contact me with the books you're interested in reviewing, as well as details on where you'll post your review.
—Sara Peyton, firstname.lastname@example.org
New Titles from O'Reilly
Droid X: The Missing Manual|
Packed with full-color illustrations, this engaging book covers everything from getting started to advanced features and troubleshooting. Unleash the power of Motorola's hot new device with Droid X: The Missing Manual.
- Get organized. Import your contacts and sync with Google Calendar and Microsoft Exchange.
- Go online. Get your phone to act as a portable hotspot or as a modem to get your laptop online.
- Play music. Purchase music from Amazon and sync your Droid X with Windows Media Player and iTunes.
- Shoot photos and video. Edit and share your photos, and use them as desktop or icon images. Record video and share it with your friends.
- Connect to Google Maps. Use geotagging and get turn-by-turn directions.
Droid 2: The Missing Manual|
Ready to unleash the Droid 2? This entertaining guide helps you take full command of Motorola's sleek new device to get online, shop, find locations, keep in touch, and much more. Every page is packed with useful information you can put to work right away, from setup to troubleshooting, with lots of valuable tips and tricks along the way.
- Get organized. Sync your contacts, calendar, and email with your Google Calendar and Outlook accounts.
- Go online. Make your phone a portable hotspot or a modem to get your laptop online.
- Be productive. Use Google docs to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Play music. Purchase music from Amazon and sync your Droid 2 with Windows Media Player.
- Capture photos and video. Edit your photos and share everything you shoot—instantly.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom