Press Release: April 25, 2011
Make: Magazine Vol. 26--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—April 21, 2011—Roll into spring with Make: Magazine Volume 26, hitting newsstands April 26. This latest issue, themed "Karts and Wheels," shows you how to build wheeled wonders that you and the kids can race around the neighborhood in, DIY-style.
Build and drive a Red Racer Drill Kart powered by just two cordless drills and your trigger fingers. Build the world's simplest long board skateboard by bending plywood. Put a mini gasoline engine on a bicycle. Assemble a brain-teasing mini propeller cart that outruns the wind that powers it. Weld together the Weekend Warrior soapbox racer—the winner of our recent Karts and Wheels online contest—strap on your helmet and five-point safety harness, and race downhill at highway speeds just inches above the road.
In addition to karts, you'll find plenty of other projects that only MAKE can provide:
- An aquaculture tank for growing fresh spirulina algae "superfood" in a sunny window
- An addictive pocket electronic sound looper that lets you play wild rhythms using just two knobs and one button
- A mesmerizing fire tube with dancing flames that keep time to music and make sounds waves visible
- An introduction to "biosensing," the unconscious signals generated by our bodies and brains, including a "Truth Meter" project that detects stress and a "Brain Blinker" that lights LEDs based on your brainwaves
- A self-watering planter based on an Aztec design, and a fruit juicer based on an ancient Egyptian design
- A tutorial on how to add buttons to various electronics devices in order to control them better
#MakeMagazine's new issue, out Apr 26, is all about karts and wheels. Get rolling! http://oreil.ly/gARcCV
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information on Make: Magazine, or for interview requests, please contact Paul Spinrad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this issue of MAKE Magazine, see: http://www.makezine.com/26.
Make: Magazine Vol. 26
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
ISBN: 9781449397593, 176 pages
Print Price: $14.99
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room