Press Release: June 22, 2011
Dreamweaver CS5.5: The Missing Manual--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—Dreamweaver is the tool most widely used for designing and managing professional-looking websites. But it's tricky to learn on your own. That's where David Sawyer McFarland's Dreamweaver CS5.5: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly Media, $49.99) comes in. You'll find the most complete overview of the program's latest update, plus all the necessary instruction to start designing for smartphones, tablets, and computers right away.
"In this edition, a new chapter dedicated solely to building websites for mobile devices like smartphones and tablets will help readers tap into exciting new features in Dreamweaver," explains McFarland, who has written every Dreamweaver Missing Manual. "Readers will learn how to take a site designed for the large screen of a desktop computer and make it more readable, accessible and easier to use for visitors using a phone or tablet.
The important stuff you need to know.
- Get A to Z guidance. Go from building simple web pages to creating database-driven sites.
- Build skills as you learn. Apply your knowledge through tutorials and downloadable practice files.
- Create a state-of-the-art website. Build visually rich, fast-loading pages with easy-to-use tools.
- Tap into databases. Build pages that dynamically sort and display stored information.
- Go mobile. Create and preview websites for smartphones and tablets.
- Discover hidden tips & tricks. Get undocumented workarounds and shortcuts.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/0636920017240
Dreamweaver CS5.5: The Missing Manual
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
By David Sawyer McFarland
Print ISBN: 9781449397975 Ebook ISBN: 9781449398880
Print Price: $49.99 Ebook Price: $39.99
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room