May 10, 2011
Creating a Website: The Missing Manual, Third Edition--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—Think you need an army of skilled programmers to build a website? Think again. With nothing more than an ordinary PC, some raw ambition, and this book, you'll learn how to create and maintain a professional-looking, visitor-friendly site. Creating a Website: The Missing Manual, Third Edition (O'Reilly Media, $29.99 USD) by technology writer and author Matthew MacDonald gives you all the tools, techniques, and expert advice you need.
- Plan your site. Create web pages by learning the basics of HTML and HTML5.
- Control page design with CSS. Format text, images, links, tables, and other elements.
- Attract visitors. Ensure that people can find your site through popular search engines.
- Build a community. Add forums, fresh content, and a feedback form to encourage repeat visits.
- Get smart. Use free tools to identify your site's strengths and weaknesses.
- Create your own blog. Post your musings with a free blog-hosting service.
- Bring in cash. Host Google ads, sell Amazon's wares, or push your own products.
- Add pizzazz. Include audio, video, interactive menus, and more.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/0636920015796
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom