Press Release: May 10, 2011
Creating a Website: The Missing Manual, Third Edition--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—Think you need an army of skilled programmers to build a website? Think again. With nothing more than an ordinary PC, some raw ambition, and this book, you'll learn how to create and maintain a professional-looking, visitor-friendly site. Creating a Website: The Missing Manual, Third Edition (O'Reilly Media, $29.99 USD) by technology writer and author Matthew MacDonald gives you all the tools, techniques, and expert advice you need.
- Plan your site. Create web pages by learning the basics of HTML and HTML5.
- Control page design with CSS. Format text, images, links, tables, and other elements.
- Attract visitors. Ensure that people can find your site through popular search engines.
- Build a community. Add forums, fresh content, and a feedback form to encourage repeat visits.
- Get smart. Use free tools to identify your site's strengths and weaknesses.
- Create your own blog. Post your musings with a free blog-hosting service.
- Bring in cash. Host Google ads, sell Amazon's wares, or push your own products.
- Add pizzazz. Include audio, video, interactive menus, and more.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/0636920015796
Creating a Website: The Missing Manual, Third Edition
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
By Matthew MacDonald
Print ISBN: 9781449301729 Ebook ISBN: 9781449398743
Print Price: $29.99 Ebook Price: $23.99
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room