September 21, 2011
Take Control of Your 802.11n AirPort Network, Second Edition--New from TidBITS
Sebastopol, CA—TidBITS Publishing Inc. is pleased
to announce the second edition of Take Control of Your 802.11n AirPort Network ($20.00 USD) by Glenn Fleishman. The new edition is modernized for 2011 and Apple's Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, and it's packed with steps, tips, and conceptual descriptions that help readers create fast and reliable wireless networks using Apple's 802.11n AirPort gear.
Readers of Take Control of Your 802.11n AirPort Network, Second
Edition will benefit from the advice of Wi-Fi expert Glenn Fleishman as he gives them a technical edge and helps them to configure fast and
reliable networks using Apple's 802.11n AirPort gear.
Readers will learn how to handle projects like:
- Using Lion's AirDrop file-transfer feature
- Making appropriate band and channel choices
- Setting up a USB-based printer on a Wi-Fi network, and connecting to
- Adding a USB-attached drive, with important information about client access
- Setting up a Time Machine backup to a Time Capsule
- Making an offsite backup of a Time Capsule drive
- Connecting a 2nd-generation Apple TV to a network
- Streaming music to an AirPort Express
- Extending a network's coverage while handling interference
- Creating a separate guest network
- Implementing reliable security measures that are easy to use
- Configuring multi-base-station networks, whether connected via
Ethernet, wirelessly, or a combination
- Solving AirPort-related problems
- Finding a device's MAC address
- Setting up a software base station
- Creating an ad hoc network
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
The Take Control series is published by TidBITS Publishing Inc. TidBITS co-founders Adam and Tonya Engst have been publishing highly regarded news and editorial since 1990 when they created the online newsletter TidBITS, which covers Macintosh and Internet-related topics. The Take Control series has helped many thousands of readers with high-quality, timely, real-world, cost-effective documentation since 2003.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781615423927
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom