Press Release: September 21, 2011
Take Control of Your 802.11n AirPort Network, Second Edition--New from TidBITS
Sebastopol, CA—TidBITS Publishing Inc. is pleased to announce the second edition of Take Control of Your 802.11n AirPort Network ($20.00 USD) by Glenn Fleishman. The new edition is modernized for 2011 and Apple's Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, and it's packed with steps, tips, and conceptual descriptions that help readers create fast and reliable wireless networks using Apple's 802.11n AirPort gear.
Readers of Take Control of Your 802.11n AirPort Network, Second Edition will benefit from the advice of Wi-Fi expert Glenn Fleishman as he gives them a technical edge and helps them to configure fast and reliable networks using Apple's 802.11n AirPort gear.
Readers will learn how to handle projects like:
- Using Lion's AirDrop file-transfer feature
- Making appropriate band and channel choices
- Setting up a USB-based printer on a Wi-Fi network, and connecting to the printer
- Adding a USB-attached drive, with important information about client access
- Setting up a Time Machine backup to a Time Capsule
- Making an offsite backup of a Time Capsule drive
- Connecting a 2nd-generation Apple TV to a network
- Streaming music to an AirPort Express
- Extending a network's coverage while handling interference
- Creating a separate guest network
- Implementing reliable security measures that are easy to use
- Configuring multi-base-station networks, whether connected via Ethernet, wirelessly, or a combination
- Solving AirPort-related problems
- Finding a device's MAC address
- Setting up a software base station
- Creating an ad hoc network
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781615423927
Take Control of Your 802.11n AirPort Network, Second Edition
By Glenn Fleishman
Ebook ISBN: 9781615423927
Ebook Price: $20.00
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room