Whether you're looking to become a PHP master, or just want to take your PHP skills to the next level, these new books from SitePoint will take you beyond the basics. Please email me if you wish to review The WordPress Anthology or PHP Master.
—Mary Rotman, firstname.lastname@example.org
New Titles from SitePoint
The WordPress Anthology|
by Mick Olinik, Raena Jackson Armitage
Written for developers, The WordPress Anthology will take you beyond the basics to give you a thorough overview of the WordPress universe. With a cookbook-style approach, you can pick and choose what you need from each chapter to suit your projects.
"I wanted to make sure that what we covered was in depth and didn't gloss over the sticky points in any way," says Olinik. "But I also wanted to make it as readable as possible, and dare I say, even a little bit fun!"
- Gain a comprehensive overview of installing, customizing and getting the most out of the web's most versatile content management system
- Dive into the inner mechanics of WordPress and make the code work the way you want
- Explore the world of plugins, themes and APIs to add extra functionality
- Adopt Multisite capabilities to host and manage your own centralized network of WordPress websites
- Learn how to launch your application on a global scale with localization techniques and marketing tips
PHP Master: Write Cutting Edge Code|
by Davey Shafik, Lorna Mitchell, Matthew Turland
PHP Master is tailor-made for the PHP developer who's serious about taking their server-side applications to the next level and who wants to really keep ahead of the game by adhering to best practice, employing the most effective object-oriented programming techniques, wrapping projects in layers of security and ensuring their code is doing its job perfectly.
"This book is everything I wish I'd had when making that step from 'can hack code' to 'software engineer,'" says Mitchell.
- Create professional, dynamic applications according to an object-oriented programming blueprint
- Learn advanced performance evaluation techniques for maximum site efficiency
- Brush up on the best testing methods to refine your code and keep your applications watertight
- Protect your site against attacks and vulnerabilities with the latest security systems
- Plug in to some serious functionality with PHP's APIs and libraries
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
SitePoint's titles are distributed to bookstores internationally by O'Reilly Media.
SitePoint specializes in publishing fun, practical, and
easy-to-understand content for web professionals. Its popular
online magazine, blogs, newsletters, and print books teach best
practices to web developers and designers worldwide.
SitePoint also runs the #1 Marketplace on the Web for buying
and selling web sites, blogs, and forums.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room