February 1, 2012
SharePoint 2010 for Project Management, 2nd Edition--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—If you were to analyze your team's performance on a typical project, you'd be surprised how much time is wasted on non-productive tasks. SharePoint 2010 for Project Management, 2nd Edition (O'Reilly Media, $44.99 USD) shows you how to work more efficiently by organizing and managing projects with SharePoint 2010. You'll learn how to build a Project Management Information System (PMIS), customized to your project, that can effectively coordinate communication and collaboration among team members.
Written by Dux Raymond Sy, a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Microsoft SharePoint MVP with 15 years of IT project management experience, each chapter includes step-by-step guides as well as workshops that help you practice what you learn.
- Build a SharePoint PMIS that requires little assistance from your IT/IS department
- Define access permissions for project stakeholders and team members
- Centralize project artifacts and keep track of document history with version control
- Track project schedules, control changes, and manage project risks
- Automate project reporting and use web parts to generate on-demand status reports
- Integrate project management tools such as Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Apply your knowledge of PMIS techniques by working with a case study throughout the book
"If you are a project manager looking for a technology-based, easily implemented, and usable solution for project communications, document management, and general project organization, this book is for you!"
—Susan Weese, PgMP, President and Founder, Rhyming Planet
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920020387.do
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom