Press Release: February 1, 2012
SharePoint 2010 for Project Management, 2nd Edition--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—If you were to analyze your team's performance on a typical project, you'd be surprised how much time is wasted on non-productive tasks. SharePoint 2010 for Project Management, 2nd Edition (O'Reilly Media, $44.99 USD) shows you how to work more efficiently by organizing and managing projects with SharePoint 2010. You'll learn how to build a Project Management Information System (PMIS), customized to your project, that can effectively coordinate communication and collaboration among team members.
Written by Dux Raymond Sy, a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Microsoft SharePoint MVP with 15 years of IT project management experience, each chapter includes step-by-step guides as well as workshops that help you practice what you learn.
- Build a SharePoint PMIS that requires little assistance from your IT/IS department
- Define access permissions for project stakeholders and team members
- Centralize project artifacts and keep track of document history with version control
- Track project schedules, control changes, and manage project risks
- Automate project reporting and use web parts to generate on-demand status reports
- Integrate project management tools such as Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Apply your knowledge of PMIS techniques by working with a case study throughout the book
"If you are a project manager looking for a technology-based, easily implemented, and usable solution for project communications, document management, and general project organization, this book is for you!"
—Susan Weese, PgMP, President and Founder, Rhyming Planet
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920020387.do
SharePoint 2010 for Project Management, 2nd Edition
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
By Dux Raymond Sy
Print ISBN: 9781449306373 Ebook ISBN: 9781449306380
Print Price: $44.99 Ebook Price: $34.99
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room