Press Release: June 4, 2012
Take Control of Your 802.11n AirPort Network, 3rd Edition--New from TidBITS
Ithaca, NY—TidBITS Publishing Inc. is pleased to announce the third edition of Take Control of Your 802.11n AirPort Network (TidBITS, $20.00 USD), by Glenn Fleishman. The new edition is modernized for the latest version of Apple's AirPort Utility base station configuration software, and it's packed with steps, tips, and conceptual descriptions that help readers create fast and reliable wireless networks using Apple's 802.11n AirPort gear.
Readers will learn how to handle projects like:
- Planning and configuring a multi-base station network
- Replacing an old base station with a new model
- Sharing USB disks and printers
- Getting started with a Time Capsule and Time Machine backups
- Running a guest network
- Setting up wireless bridging
- Configuring complex Internet addressing
- Connecting from Mac (10.5 through 10.7), iOS 5, and Windows 7 clients
- Securing a wireless network
- Sending media to an AirPort Express or 2nd/3rd-generation Apple TV via AirPlay
- Setting up and using Lion's AirDrop file sharing feature
- Turning a Mac into a wireless access point with Lion's software base station
- Solving problems with interference, conflicting channels, and more
- Understanding what the light on a base station is trying to say
Readers of Take Control of Your 802.11n AirPort Network, 3rd Edition will benefit from Fleishman's advice as he gives them a technical edge and helps them to configure fast and reliable networks using Apple's 802.11n AirPort gear.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781615424054.do
Take Control of Your 802.11n AirPort Network, 3rd Edition
By Glenn Fleishman
Ebook ISBN: 9781615424054
Ebook Price: $20.00
The Take Control series is published by TidBITS Publishing Inc. TidBITS co-founders Adam and Tonya Engst have been publishing highly regarded news and editorial since 1990 when they created the online newsletter TidBITS, which covers Macintosh and Internet-related topics. The Take Control series has helped many thousands of readers with high-quality, timely, real-world, cost-effective documentation since 2003.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room