Press Release: June 21, 2012
Windows® Phone 7 Development Internals--Covers Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 7.5
Sebastopol, CA—Drill into Windows Phone 7 design and architecture—and learn best practices for building a variety of applications with Windows® Phone 7 Development Internals (Microsoft Press, $59.99 USD). Each chapter focuses on a single Windows Phone building block or feature area, and shows you how to apply it in your applications. If you're an experienced .NET developer familiar with Microsoft® Silverlight®, you'll gain deep insights into the Windows Phone platform design and API surface.
Discover how to:
- Master the Windows Phone application model, including its lifecycle and events
- Use Silverlight UI controls to create engaging applications
- Manage databinding and decouple architectural layers with the Model View ViewModel pattern
- Employ built-in sensors such as Assisted GPS, the accelerometer, and camera
- Use media services APIs for video streaming, as well as audio input and playback
- Consume web services and connect to the cloud through Windows Azure™
- Apply Windows Phone 7.5 enhancements, such as multitasking and Fast Application Switching
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0790145336651.do
Windows® Phone 7 Development Internals
Publisher: Microsoft Press
By Andrew Whitechapel
Print ISBN: 9780735663251 Ebook ISBN: 9780735663237
Print Price: $59.99 Ebook Price: $47.99
About Microsoft Press
Microsoft Press is a division of Microsoft Corporation. Established in 1985, Microsoft Press publishes self-paced learning materials on Microsoft products and associated technologies. Microsoft Press products are available in a variety of formats for individual users, IT professionals, and developers. Since 2009, Microsoft and O'Reilly Media have shared the editorial direction and development of Microsoft Press products. O'Reilly also handles sales, distribution, customer service, and some administrative functions.
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room