July 11, 2012
Take Control of Apple Mail in Lion--New from TidBITS: New ebook provides user-friendly, real-world documentation for Mac users running Apple's Mail 5 software in Mac OS X Lion
Ithaca, NY—Mail 5, the free email client that Apple ships with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, is full-featured and popular. However, many Mac users fail to use it effectively due to minimal documentation and interface confusion. Help is now at hand in the form of Take Control of Apple Mail in Lion, written by email expert Joe Kissell.
In Take Control of Apple Mail in Lion, Kissell looks carefully at how to set up different kinds of email accounts—including POP, IMAP, Exchange, iCloud, and Gmail—and where email from various accounts is stored, plus what to do if Mail can't successfully send or receive mail. After covering account setup, he thoroughly describes the ins and outs of addressing, composing, and sending email. And, he helps readers get organized so they can read their most important messages first, plus find old messages easily. Kissell also examines making Time Machine backups of email, Address Book integration, Notes and To-Do items, rules, encryption, spam management, and more.
Kissell assists users with Mail-related dilemmas such as:
- How can I read email on more than one computer?
- How can I integrate Gmail with Apple Mail?
- How can I make Mail automatically sort incoming messages?
- What's all this stuff in the left sidebar of Mail, and how can I organize it?
- How do I handle incoming and outgoing attachments?
- How do I Cc or Bcc an email message?
- How can I work efficiently in Mail if I have more than one email address?
- How should I back up my email messages?
- What should I do if I need to send an encrypted email message?
- Where should I store notes that I create in Mail?
- Are there third-party tools that extend Mail's capabilities?
- I can't make Mail send outgoing messages... what should I do?
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781615424078.do
The Take Control series is published by TidBITS Publishing Inc. TidBITS co-founders Adam and Tonya Engst have been publishing highly regarded news and editorial since 1990 when they created the online newsletter TidBITS, which covers Macintosh and Internet-related topics. The Take Control series has helped many thousands of readers with high-quality, timely, real-world, cost-effective documentation since 2003.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences