July 25, 2012
New Mountain Lion Books from O'Reilly
New Mountain Lion Titles from O'Reilly
OS X Mountain Lion: The Missing Manual|
Answers Found Here!
by David Pogue
What do you get when you cross a Mac with an iPad? OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. Its 200 new features include iPaddish goodies like dictation, Notification Center, and Reminders—but not a single page of instructions. Fortunately, David Pogue is back with the expertise and humor that have made this the #1 bestselling Mac book for over 10 years straight.
In Pogue's OS X Mountain Lion: The Missing Manual, you'll learn about:
- Big-ticket changes. Twitter and Facebook intgration. AirPlay TV mirroring. Power Nap. Game Center. Documents in the Cloud. iMessages. Gatekeeper. If Apple wrote it, this book covers it.
- Mountain Lion Watch. This book demystifies the hundreds of smaller enhancements, too, in all 50 programs that come with the Mac: Safari, Mail, Messages, Preview, etc.
- Shortcuts. This must be the tippiest, trickiest Mac book ever written. Undocumented surprises await on every page.
- Power users. Security, accounts, networking, build-your-own Services, file sharing with Windows—this one witty, expert guide makes it all crystal clear.
OS X Mountain Lion Pocket Guide|
The Ultimate Quick Guide to OS X
by Chris Seibold
Get the concise information you need to start using OS X Mountain Lion, the latest version of the Mac operating system. This handy guide goes right to the heart of the OS, with details on system preferences, built-in applications, utilities, and other features.
Once you're familiar with the fundamentals, use this book as a resource for problem-solving on the fly. You get configuration tips, lots of step-by-step instructions, guides for troubleshooting, and other advice—all in an easy-to-read format.
- Learn what's new, including improved iCloud integration and other iPad-inspired features
- Discover how working with multiple devices is easier and more streamlined with Mountain Lion
- Get a guide to the Finder, Dock, user accounts, and other essentials
- Use Mountain Lion's system preferences to customize your Mac
- Take advantage of OS X applications, such as FaceTime and Time Machine
- Manage passwords and secure your data
- Work more efficiently with a complete list of keyboard shortcuts
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences