Press Release: August 27, 2012
O'Reilly Strata Conference Charts Data's Future--Strata 2013 Invites Proposals
Sebastopol, CA, August 27, 2012—Data science is the new black, according to Tim O'Reilly in early 2012. While we've all recognized the importance of big data by now, it's time to focus on making it work for us and on shaping its potential impact on society. At O'Reilly's Strata Conference, the best minds in data come together to explore the convergence of big data, data science, and technology, and how we can use these tools to transform our lives. Following its first two sold-out events, Strata returns to Santa Clara, CA, for the third year on February 26-28, 2013.
Strata has earned a reputation of programs rich with only the best and brightest, and we're always looking for new expert voices. Chairs Alistair Croll and Edd Dumbill request proposals for Strata 2013 on topics, including but not limited to:
- Real world big data and data science case studies
- Data science: the profession and practice
- Hadoop: best practice, and what's coming next
- Data engineering, infrastructure and databases
- Analytics, predictive modeling and machine learning
- Real time and interactive analytics
- Location: geodata, mapping, mobile and location-based services
- Data driven business: using data and technology to tackle business problems
- Visualization, communication, and storytelling
- Bringing BI into a big data world
- Policy, ethics, and privacy
- Internet of things, ubiquitous computing, and augmented reality
Submit your proposal by September 20, 2012. Best price registration opens in October, 2012.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Media Relations – North America & Conferences
Media Relations – Japan
Media Relations – United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1252 721284