October 16, 2012
Arista Warrior--New from O'Reilly Media: A Real-World guide to Understanding Arista Switches and EOS
Sebastopol, CA—Though Arista Networks is a relative newcomer in the data center and cloud networking markets, the company has already had considerable success. In Arista Warrior ($59.99 USD, O'Reilly Media), renowned consultant and technical author Gary Donahue provides an in-depth, objective guide to Arista's lineup of hardware, and explains why its network switches and Extensible Operating System (EOS) are so effective.
Anyone with a CCNA or equivalent knowledge will benefit from this book, especially entrenched administrators, engineers, or architects tasked with building an Arista network. Is Arista right for your data center? Pick up this guide and find out.
Topic highlights include:
- SysDB: the EOS system database that holds state, statuses, and variables
- Multichassis Link Aggregation (MLAG): for linking a port-channel to multiple switches instead of just one
- Latency Analyzer (LANZ): the interface-buffer troubleshooting tool with a reporting granularity of one millisecond
- VM Tracer: for adding, changing, and removing VLANs without human interaction
- Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP): for remote switch configuration
- Hardware advantages: including merchant silicon, low-latency networking, and power consumption
- Gotchas: issues with Arista switches or systems
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920022435.do
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom