Press Release: January 18, 2013
TOC 2013 Outshines Broadway--Tim O'Reilly, Cory Doctorow, and More Join Cast of Keynotes
Sebastopol, CA—January 18, 2013—Publishing's future takes shape at TOC. The best minds in digital publishing gather at O'Reilly's Tools of Change for Publishing Conference in New York City February 12-14, 2013, for the seventh edition of the innovative event.
Chairs Kat Meyer and Joe Wikert have added more brilliant speakers to the cast of TOC 2013.
Featured speakers at TOC 2013 include:
- Tim O'Reilly, founder and CEO, O'Reilly Media
- Cory Doctorow, science fiction author, activist, journalist, and blogger.
- Evan Williams, CEO, The Obvious Corporation
- Henry Jenkins, Provost's Professor of Communication, Journalism, Cinematic Arts and Education at University of Southern California
- Maria Popova, founder and editor, Brain Pickings
- Doug Rushkoff, author, "Program or Be Programmed"
- Brian David Johnson, futurist at Intel and author of "Vintage Tomorrows"
- Alexandra Gillespie, associate professor of medieval studies and English at University of Toronto
From the keynote stage to the crowded hallways, conversations power TOC:
- In an engaging fireside chat, entrepreneur and Twitter co-founder Evan Williams talks with media theorist Doug Rushkoff about the Web's future, with its implications for authors, readers, and the entire publishing industry.
- Henry Jenkins joins Cory Doctorow and Brian David Johnson, in a conversation that melds networked culture, science fiction, and steampunk. To start.
Enriching the three days of workshops, tutorials, sessions, and panels, Author (R)evolution Day debuts this year. The conference-within-a-conference offers cutting-edge insights for professional authors and content creators in today's rapidly shifting landscape.
No other publishing conference provides such an intelligent blend of practical experience, technical expertise you can use immediately, and strategic insights.
Registration still remains open, although TOC sells out year after year.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room