Press Release: August 21, 2013
Software Requirements, 3rd Edition--New from Microsoft Press
Sebastopol, CA—Now in its third edition, Software Requirements, the classic guide to software requirements engineering, has been fully updated with new topics, examples, and guidance. Karl Wiegers and Joy Beatty, two leaders in the requirements community, have teamed up to deliver a contemporary set of practices covering the full range of requirements development and management activities on software projects.
- Offers practical, effective, field-tested techniques for managing the requirements engineering process from end to end.
- Demonstrates how well-developed requirements can lead to fewer change requests, higher customer satisfaction, and lower development costs.
- Describes how to apply effective requirements practices to agile projects and numerous other special project situations.
- Shares the insights gleaned from the authors' extensive experience delivering hundreds of software-requirements training courses, presentations, and webinars.
- Fully updated with contemporary examples and many new practices and techniques.
- Targeted to business analysts, developers, project managers, and other software project stakeholders who have a general understanding of the software development process.
New chapters are included on specifying data requirements, writing high-quality functional requirements, and requirements reuse. Considerable depth has been added on business requirements, elicitation techniques, and nonfunctional requirements. In addition, new chapters recommend effective requirements practices for various special project situations, including enhancement and replacement, packaged solutions, outsourced, business process automation, analytics and reporting, and embedded and other real-time systems projects.
Speaking of this new edition, Wiegers says, "Several aspects of software requirements engineering have changed in the past 10 years, but many have not. This revised edition of Software Requirements will prepare anyone who works with software requirements to do a better job on this vital communication- and human-centric element of effective software development."
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0790145385512.do
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Media Relations – North America & Conferences
Media Relations – Japan
Media Relations – United Kingdom