December 3, 2013
Windows 8.1: The Missing Manual--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—Windows 8.1 continues the evolution of the most radical redesign in Microsoft's history. It combines the familiar Windows desktop with a new, touchscreen-friendly world of tiles and full-screen apps. Luckily, David Pogue is back to help you make sense of it—with humor, authority, and 500 illustrations—in
Windows 8.1: The Missing Manual.
The important stuff you need to know:
- What's new in 8.1. The update to 8.1 offers new apps, a universal Search, the return of the Start menu, and several zillion other nips and tucks.
- New features. Storage Spaces, Windows To Go, File Histories—if Microsoft wrote it, this book covers it.
- Security. Protect your PC from viruses, spyware, spam, sick hard drives, and out-of-control kids.
- The network. HomeGroups, connecting from the road, mail, Web, music streaming among PCs—this book has your network covered.
- The software. Media Center, Photo Gallery, Internet Explorer, speech recognition—this one authoritative, witty guide makes it all crystal clear. It's the book that should have been in the box.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920030874.do
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America & Conferences
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom