Press Release: August 25, 2016
New O'Reilly Security Conference Concentrates on Building Better Defenses
Sebastopol, CA— The inaugural O'Reilly Security Conference concentrates on building better defenses Oct. 31-Nov. 2 in New York City. Not intended as another hackerfest, this new conference brings defenders with a common purpose together, providing a forum for sharing concrete solutions. Security Conference invites in-the-trenches practitioners from a wide range of industries and companies of every size to join real conversations about their work as protectors
Chairs Allison Miller and Courtney Nash have created a program focused on the people working on the front lines to build better defenses for business and government security.
Featured speakers include:
- Heather Adkins (Google), a founding member of the Google Security Team
- Rebecca "Becky" Bace (CFITS), Chief Strategist for the Center for Forensics, Information Technology, and Security at the University of South Alabama
- Cory Doctorow (EFF), science fiction novelist, blogger, and technology activist
- Michael Walker (DARPA), program manager and researcher interested in machine reasoning about software in situ and the automation of application security lifecycles
- Suzanne "Zan" Vautrinot (Major General U.S. Air Force, Retired), Cybersecurity expert, motivational leader, speaker, and change agent
- James Arlen (Securosis), Director of Risk Advisory Services at Leviathan
- Macy Cronkite (Splunk), Enterprise Systems Architect
- Jessy Irwin (AgileBits), privacy and security education advocate
- Jay Jacobs (BitSight Technologies), Senior Data Scientist, author
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room