Press Release: August 3, 2000
Feuerstein Fans Celebrate the Release of O'Reilly's "Oracle PL/SQL CD Bookshelf" Seven of O'Reilly's Best-Selling Oracle Books on a Single CD-ROMSEBASTOPOL, CA--Corporate computer professionals increasingly rely on the Web, online help, and other online information sources to relieve information pain. Now, O'Reilly's "Oracle PL/SQL CD Bookshelf" allows convenient online access to updates of seven best-selling O'Reilly Oracle books, including those that assist in better understanding Oracle 8i-the future of enterprise database design and deployment.
The "Oracle PL/SQL CD Bookshelf" includes a powerhouse of Animal books for the Oracle PL/SQL developer--all readable with a web browser on a convenient CD-ROM. A bonus hard-copy book, "Oracle PL/SQL Programming: A Guide to Oracle 8i Features," is also included.
The CD-ROM contains the complete text of seven books: "Oracle PL/SQL Programming"; "Advanced PL/SQL Programming"; "Oracle Web Applications"; "Oracle Built-in Packages"; "Oracle PL/SQL Language Pocket Reference"; "Oracle Built-ins Pocket Reference"; and "Oracle PL/SQL Programming: A Guide to Oracle 8i Features".
Never has it been easier to learn, or look up, requisite Oracle information. Formatted in HTML, The "Oracle PL/SQL CD Bookshelf" can be read by any web browser. The books are fully searchable and cross-referenced. In addition to individual indexes for each book, there's a master index for the entire library.
Purchased separately, these seven books would retail for $213.65, but the "Oracle PL/SQL CD Bookshelf," which includes all seven titles on a searchable CD-ROM as well as a hard copy of "Oracle PL/SQL Programming: A Guide to Oracle 8i Features," sells for only $89.95. In addition to the savings, other advantages of the "Oracle PL/SQL CD Bookshelf" include:
- Easy look-up. You can search the indexes of all seven books simultaneously in your browser window.
- Extensive cross-referencing. Links enable you to move quickly between books to learn how to apply the technology.
- Portability. No need to haul 7 books with you to a client or off-site meeting-or home for hours of late night coding. A single CD provides immediate access to all the Oracle information you may need.
- More information about the CD Bookshelf.
- A cover graphic in jpeg format.
- Read an interview with O'Reilly Oracle authors Steven Feuerstein and Andrew Odewahn about what's new in Oracle8i, and what it means for the Web and for database programmers.
By O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
1st Edition July 2000
1-56592-849-0, $89.95 (US), Features CD-ROM
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O’Reilly Press Room