Get the Free Ebook
When you start building applications with Docker, you’ll come up against two significant challenges: networking and service discovery. You can find many recipes for dealing with these tasks if you’re prepared to scrounge through a pile of blog posts.
In this short guide, author Michael Hausenblas, Developer and Cloud Advocate at Mesosphere, explains how networking and service discovery work in the Docker world, and provides a series of practical solutions for dealing with these challenges.
- Get an overview of Docker single- and multi-host networking
- Understand why service discovery and container orchestration (scheduling) are two sides of the same coin
- Explore technologies for service discovery, including ZooKeeper, Consul, Airbnb’s SmartStack, and Netflix’s Eureka
- Learn which orchestration solutions—such as Kubernetes and Apache Mesos—work best for your deployment
- Be prepared to experiment with different technologies until decent standards emerge
Fill out the form below
All fields are required.We protect your privacy.