In this episode of the Hardware Podcast, we talk with Mengmeng Chen, head of U.S. operations at Seeed Studio.
- Chen's work on—and thoughts about—the Pop-up Factory, a production line that manufactured connected devices on the floor of the Solid 2015 conference
- Ways to start manufacturing in Shenzhen without a gigantic first order
- Seeed Studio’s “Open Parts Library,” a standard library of approximately 1,200 parts that can be assembled quickly and inexpensively
- Differences between the component supply chains in the U.S. and China
- Seeed’s Wio Link Kickstarter campaign
Watch the Pop-up Factory keynote presentation, featuring Mengmeng Chen, David Cranor, Marcelo Coelho, and Will Walker from the Solid 2015 conference
This week we introduce Clickspiral, a segment where we talk about the most interesting stuff that wastes our time on the Internet. This week’s spirals are: