Register for Strata + Hadoop World NYC, which will take place September 29 to Oct 1, 2015.
A few months ago, I noted the resurgence in interest in large-scale stream-processing tools and real-time applications. Interest remains strong, and if anything, I’ve noticed growth in the number of companies wanting to understand how they can leverage the growing number of tools and learning resources to build intelligent, real-time products.
As we looked at putting together the program for Strata + Hadoop World NYC, we were excited to see a large number of compelling proposals on these topics. To that end, I’m pleased to highlight a strong collection of sessions on real-time processing and applications coming up at the event.
In particular, we have speakers representing many of the most popular tools and frameworks, and sessions on applications to IoT, industrial problems, and smart cities. In many instances, sessions on specific tools, topics, and applications will feature speakers from the teams who created them.
- The world beyond batch: Streaming 101
- Large-scale Real-time Stream Processing and Analytics: How to Gain Insight from Fast Data (some recent Strata+Hadoop World sessions)
- I ♥ Logs: Event Data, Stream Processing, and Data Integration
- Introduction to Apache Kafka
- Designing data-intensive applications