AWS Architect Associate Certification Exam Prep—Design Fundamentals
Published byO'Reilly Media, Inc.
Since Amazon developed the concept of cloud computing and introduced Amazon Web Services (AWS), the IT industry has undergone a fundamental paradigm shift. Organizations of all sizes and spanning every industry sector are either engaged in moving all or part of their compute and storage needs to the cloud, or it’s in their sights to do so. AWS is by far the biggest player in this rapidly growing field, and there’s no better way to demonstrate your knowledge of the AWS environment than by gaining certification through the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (CSAA) exam.
In this learning path, designed for system administrators, developers, and even students training for management positions and looking to make the move to the AWS cloud, host Mark Wilkins prepares you to successfully and confidently answer the types of questions asked on the CSAA exam. You’ll learn best practices for designing cloud solutions on the AWS platform. You’ll also examine concepts and design scenarios from The AWS Well-Architected Framework—an essential aspect of the CSAA exam. This learning path even provides sample test questions that you can use to hone your newfound design knowledge. The design principles presented in this learning path align with the CSAA exam. When you’ve finished, you’ll know how to design for scale, reliability, and high availability using the core AWS components of computing, storage, networking, and monitoring, and be ready to achieve your CSAA certification.
What you’ll learn—and how you can apply it
- Be prepared for the questions asked on the CSAA exam
- Master best practices for designing cloud solutions at AWS
- Understand the concepts encompassed by the The AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Understand the concepts underpinning regions and Availability Zones
- How to work with subnets, security groups, and storage strategies
- Configure monitoring using Amazon CloudWatch
- Solve single points of failure issues
- Design effective solutions using compute, storage, networking, and key managed services offered in AWS cloud, and much more
This learning path is for you because…
- Your company is planning on, or is in the process of moving to the AWS cloud, and you need to prepare your staff or yourself to take the CSAA certification exam
- You’re looking to add the CSAA certification to your skill set and resume
- You’re a system administrator moving to AWS and you want to refine your knowledge of The AWS Well-Architected Framework
- You’re a cloud architect responsible for AWS design
- You’re an IT professional who needs to develop AWS technical knowledge and skills
- You should complete the learning paths for core and managed services before this learning path
- Having a technical background in networking, system administration, and working with virtualized resources would be beneficial and make the concepts presented in this learning path easier for you to understand
Materials or downloads needed in advance: