AWS Architect Associate Certification Exam Prep—Core AWS Services
Published byO'Reilly Media, Inc.
In the modern age of IT, aside from the internet itself, few advances have been as transformative to how we work, shop, and entertain ourselves as cloud computing. Every day, more and more companies, organizations, and government entities begin the journey to the cloud. The most popular cloud provider by far is Amazon Web Services (AWS), which not only defined the cloud computing paradigm, but continues to be one of the biggest innovators in the field. As the cloud expands at an ever-faster clip, so too does the demand for skilled engineers and developers to work in this dynamic environment. And there’s no better way to attract the attention of potential employers or boost your resume than by taking AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (CSAA) exam.
In this learning path, designed for the IT technical professionals looking to make the move to the AWS cloud, host Mark Wilkins starts you on your way to prepare for the CSAA exam. You’ll explore the fundamentals of the AWS framework via a case study. You’ll then begin to investigate specific features and concepts of AWS like Availability Zones and edge locations, how to access AWS services, and virtual private clouds (VPCs). You’ll also look at specific AWS services such as Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS). Mark shows you how these and other components you’ll look at in this learning path fit together, allowing companies to move applications to the AWS cloud from their own datacenters. This learning path provides a detailed starting point for beginning to work with AWS cloud services and will enable you to become conversant with the core services that make up cloud computing at AWS. When you’re done, you’ll gain a strong technical baseline on your way to taking and passing the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam. Note that after participating in this learning path, you will have the necessary skill set to take the next learning path: AWS Managed Services: AWS Architect Associate prep.
What you’ll learn—and how you can apply it
- Understand the fundamental concepts of AWS cloud computing, including infrastructure concepts and terminology
- AWS architecture design concepts like managed versus unmanaged service; regions and availability zones; understanding costs; and edge locations
- How to access AWS cloud services via APIs, command-line interface, and SDK
- Configuring and using VPC networking services at AWS
- Setting up and administering cloud storage services such as Amazon S3, Amazon ECS, and Amazon EBS
This learning path is for you because…
- Your company is planning on, or is in the process of moving to the AWS cloud, and you need to prepare your staff or yourself to take the CSAA certification exam
- You want to learn how to design cloud solutions utilizing AWS best practices
- You're involved in developing applications or performing system administration in a virtual server environment and need to adjust to working in the AWS cloud
- You’re a system administrator moving to AWS
- You’re a cloud architect who wants to know more about AWS design
- You’re an IT professional who needs to develop AWS technical knowledge and skills for daily management and operation in the AWS cloud
- You’re working toward the AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification
- You should have a technical background in networking, system administration, and working with virtualized resources
- You should possess a solid understanding of computing
- It would be beneficial to have a strong interest in advancing your skill set in cloud technology
Materials or downloads needed in advance: